Bono & Edge On Italian TV 12/10/14 - Watch The Show

bigwave

• Subscriber

Love this audience! They were up on their feet - as they should be! ;) THEY certainly know how to appreciate the guys and know how to let them know it! No wonder the band chose to go here first. :)

Some fans are reading into this appearance that a rift or disinterest from the absent half of the band exists because Larry and Adam weren't there, especially since they were all just/still rehearsing in France. Does anyone here agree w/ that? To me Disc 2 of the CD Deluxe highlights the two new songs and the acoustic versions. Thus, they wanted to show off the acoustic versions and encourage sales of the Deluxe version.

Edge and Bono were quite youthful, joking around on the walkout and throughout the interview.

The Miracle was astounding, vocals and delivery near perfect. EBW was so emotional and powerful stripped down. Wow!

I hope we get the full band in their French performance later this week. We certainly will see them all on Jools Friday. Well, Europe will. We will have to wait 2 weeks to see them here in the states.

So excited to see and hear the band doing so great and back out there again! I do want Bono to stop smoking and drinking so much so his vocals stay strong. The terrific "It's the job of art to be divisive" Guardian Observer article from Saturday mentioned how he was already hungover and how much he drank during the interview - and had a cigarette too! :(  Sigh...  Yes, you are a rock star, Bono, but please take care!!

I was under the impression he quite smoking, not that I can talk, I am a smoker, but I would like him to conserve that precious voice. As for being a rock star, I think their comparatively clean rock and roll lives has earned them some vices.

I don't interpret Larry and Adams absence as disinterest at all, Bono and Edge have always done more of the TV stuff, none of them like doing TV very much but Larry certainly really dislikes it, so Bono and Edge often take the lead and like you said, they are showing off some of the acoustic versions. I'm not at all worried about disinterest, I will worry when someone turns round and says "I don't want to be in the band anymore"

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

BW, it was just below.

EBW was simply the best!!! So emotional  :wub:

thanks feb for finding the link. I think we are all going to be rocked to the core with this live. the words are some of bono's best ever, and he delivers with immensity tonight. The bar has been raised again.

Hey bigwave, are you planning to open up this thread for more upcoming TV appearances or will you maybe post them on the community home page like the radio interviews?

• Subscriber

Courtesy of gt71 from u2place.com

It seems a big mess but everything was quiet and slow; they stopped by each one (no more than 150 people) singing anything and getting as many pics as possible

So generous, I love that they don't act like diva's, that they give fans the time

• Community Manager

BW, it was just below.

EBW was simply the best!!! So emotional  :wub:

thanks feb for finding the link. I think we are all going to be rocked to the core with this live. the words are some of bono's best ever, and he delivers with immensity tonight. The bar has been raised again.

Hey bigwave, are you planning to open up this thread for more upcoming TV appearances or will you maybe post them on the community home page like the radio interviews?

maybe we should do a thread for each of the shows this week, tomorrow France, Wednesday Jo Whiley (London BBC radio 2), Thursday (recording) / Friday (airing) Graham Norton, BBC London etc.. 

• Subscriber

maybe we should do a thread for each of the shows this week, tomorrow France, Wednesday Jo Whiley (London BBC radio 2), Thursday (recording) / Friday (airing) Graham Norton, BBC London etc.. 

Sounds good to me, as long as I get to watch jaw dropping performances a few times over :)