• Subscriber

This interview may have been slightly pegged down by the other promo activities, but it's GOOD.  Worth a listen on the replay.

Lauren got Bono & The Edge talking about Songs of Experience, and Bono has a great narrative about how the albums (and their protagonists) relate to each other, as well as another mention of forthcoming song "The Morning After Innocence".  Bono reveals a lyric from the song, expanding on the discussion he had with Dorian Lynskey in The Guardian (The Observer, Sat. 11 October).  Could this new song be the one fka "Lead Me In The Way I Should Go", a merge, a reconstruct?  

"Lead my in the way I should go; I'm running out of chances to blow; that's what you told me and you should know; Lead me in the way I should be; Unravel the mystery of the heart and it's defense; The morning after innocence."

Also, just days after U2 caught hell from Iggy Pop, Bono speaks of him in graceful terms - "Incredible", "amazing lyricist".

Bono then opens up about the new tour, telling Lauren about the protagonists.  "So they talk to each other, and we want to do that with the shows as well...", and likened to Quadrophenia, "...the older guy could just walk into frame.  That's interesting."

Replay:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p028s902