50,000 things before the tour.....

Zhivvy

• Subscriber

312. Tell Beck that her commitment astounds me, I just don't have the focus for learning from home, I can drag myself through research and assignments but I need time in the classroom to keep myself going.

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

313. Suggest that perhaps Jackson will dare to do some of the lesser known stories of Middle Earth, perhaps for TV rather than film (don't know if there would be blockbuster success in films that only us supergeeks would enjoy :P )< it seems such a shame for such a rich history to go to waste...Of course it is never wasted if it has been read, but TV has a huge place now, could be done

• Subscriber

314. Inform Zhivvy that I just made my 1550th post and still no Night and Day, perhaps 1600 then...I bet you don't even remember being in the Playboy Mansion do you :P

• Subscriber

315: Lament that the Tolkien estate does not currently seem favourable to the idea of allowing any further Middle-earth adapations.

316: Explain to Rhi that learning from home can be tough, especially only seeing the rest of my tutor group once a month, but I have an insatiable curiosity about many subjects so studying actually suits me well in that respect.

317: Further explain that I get lots of encouragement from friends and particularly family as I am the first member of my immediate family to study at university level. My parents and sisters love to browse through my course materials whenever I start a new module and everyone is very supportive.

• Subscriber

314. Inform Zhivvy that I just made my 1550th post and still no Night and Day, perhaps 1600 then...I bet you don't even remember being in the Playboy Mansion do you :P

oh! Someone who is on 1639 who is Night and Day

0         Numb 

25       Babyface

50       Achtung Baby

100     Wanderer

200     Ultraviolet 

400     Party Girl/Boy

700     Blue Room 

1200   Playboy Mansion 

1500   Night and Day 1600 ??

2500   Atomic Bomb 

5000   Lemon 

10000 Rattle and Hum

25000 Discotheque 

50000 Hawkmoon 269

• Subscriber

319. Tell Beck that she is very lucky to have such a supportive family, it must make a huge difference. I am given to starting off well then finding my interests shift before I have finished, so I can easily run out of steam, many of my past assignments have been completed in a state of panic lol :P

• Subscriber

318. Agree with Beck that it is a shame indeed and ask what book, if she could choose anything, would she like to see adapted for the big screen next?

321: Reply that I would like to see PJ have a go at the supposedly "unfilmable" Silmarillion. If anyone can make that work as a film, he can.

322: Reassure Rhi that I do sometimes also have moments of panic and finishing assignments last-minute, but I'm learning to be more organised  :)

Archived