U2 Unplugged?

lionwehr240579

U2 Unplugged?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like U2 to make an unplugged-only tour?

• Subscriber

Their recent acoustic performances have done nothing to convince me.

If you watch them doing The Miracle acoustic and then the full band playing Volcano on Jools Holland there really is no comparison.

EBW has perhaps been the exception (just).

• Subscriber

Well, I used to agree with you gman and Richie, but the thing is now that I've listened to the 6 acoustic versions on the album and seen them (the four of them) and an orchestra on TV, I can't help but wondering what it would be if they did that on tour.

Of course Richie The Miracle with only The Edge and Bono is not that thrilling but, once again, they were only two ;)

• Subscriber

I suppose it depends how long the setlist was but a standard 24 song setlist (2 hours nearly) all acoustic/unplugged would be very difficult to pull off.

I'd be interested to see the DVD or hear the CD but I wouldn't buy a ticket.

It raises the more interesting question....what songs would you want to hear unplugged?

• Subscriber

I think they also raised a good point on Graham Norton, many of their songs wouldn't work like that, some do and would be awesome but I would much rather see a few unplugged songs as part of a standard electric set, I don't think I'd like to sit through 2hrs unplugged unless it was a completely different sort of show ie. sitting at tables, drinks allowed, intimate venues like theatres and more interaction with the audience.

I'm actually thinking that we might see the strings as part of the show, which would be great. 

• Subscriber

I love acoustic songs but i would want them to change it up rather than full on acoustic. Im not sure how realistic that would be for them to do for an entire tour. 1 or 2 dates would be cool. I have always wanted to see them do MTV unplugged. Not sure if that show is even around anymore...

• Subscriber

Good article! Like they admit, the problem with the two show idea is making it so everyone understands what their getting.

Interesting comment on the running order where Bono says they put the songs first like the Joshua Tree. I take it from that they feel the first half of the album is the strongest which is the feeling I first got. I like the second half of the album especially Cedarwood Road but the first half seemed to be the tracks they'd likely choose as singles.