THOSE WHO LISTEN TO U2 ARE ACTUALLY SMARTER

Rhi_K

• Subscriber

This is great lol, so the gist is that a study has been done charting musical tastes of students based on their average SAT scores and the study, the rather unfortunately titled 'Smart people listen to Radiohead and dumb people listen to Beyonce' has found that U2 are one of the top bands listened to by smarter students, there are any number of reasons this could be the case I suppose, but there you have it, we're a bunch of brainiacs :P

There are loads of articles if you google it, but here is a copy of the diagram 

post-581496-0-62153900-1414458295_thumb.png

any picky souls out there, don't worry, I'm well aware this is not the most scientific of studies, I've posted it for a laugh and I'm not trying to be offensive to anyone who might listen to anything at the 'dumb' end of the spectrum (yes there are a couple on that end I like too)

• Subscriber

Isn't there also a quality that they test people not on IQ, but EQ

from Wikipedia-

"Emotional intelligence (EI) is the ability to monitor one's own and other people's emotions, to discriminate between different emotions and label them appropriately, and to use emotional information to guide thinking and behavior.[1]

Studies have shown that people with high EI have greater mental health, exemplary job performance, and more potent leadership skills."

I imagine that U2 fans are high up on the EQ scale, which might even a better thing that just being academically intelligent.

What I mean, of course, is that we are just a highly evolved, intelligent, caring, lovable and all round top people ;)

• Subscriber

from Wikipedia-

"Emotional intelligence (EI) is the ability to monitor one's own and other people's emotions, to discriminate between different emotions and label them appropriately, and to use emotional information to guide thinking and behavior.[1]

Studies have shown that people with high EI have greater mental health, exemplary job performance, and more potent leadership skills."

I imagine that U2 fans are high up on the EQ scale, which might even a better thing that just being academically intelligent.

What I mean, of course, is that we are just a highly evolved, intelligent, caring, lovable and all round top people ;)

Yes, my mentor at school has mentioned this before to me :) The EQ is very important here :D

• Subscriber

well yes I agree lol

from Wikipedia-

Yes, my mentor at school has mentioned this before to me :) The EQ is very important here :D

The EQ, love this and agree it is very important! :D Let's talk about this more..shall we!! :lol:

We are round top people and I don't care how that sounds!!  ;) U2 fans are the best!

• Subscriber

Haha I'm loving the comments, we will set this forum aside for filling ourselves with hot air shall we  B)

If I had a choice betwwen emotional or academic intelligence I'd choose the former, which is fortunate because I don't think I've been blessed with the gift of genius :P

I think that anybody that listens to music must have grain of savvy somewhere, but as is being pointed out, that all depends on actually what you listen to! :huh:

It should also be pointed out, that it's not just the listening that is important, but how it makes you feel and has it made you think differently? :blink:  

TD B)

I didn't see cliff richard or shakin' stevens anywhere! :ph34r: LMFAO!!!