'Another Time, Another Place' - Subscribers Offer 2015 Discussion (Merged)

bigwave

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

any ideas on where the show is from?

as a collector i'm likin the sound of the vinyl B)

good question, not been mentioned yet, anyone care to hazard a guess? Saw it somewhere that the photo on the main page covering this story was from a Dandelion Market show in 1979, so its probably not that one.. only speculating though..

this is a list of boots from then,i've got the hilversum one which os pretty good quality of its time,could be that one.

http://www.u2gigs.com/cover/gallery.php?dir=Audio-Covers%2F1980-1981%20-%20Boy%20Tour%2F01%20-%201980%20-%201st%20Leg%20-%20Europe%2F&startpic=0

Edited by gibbo1968

• Subscriber

When it says the "Ireland and the UK" bit, it sounds like one of the tours off their first four singles (U2:3, Another Day, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, or A Day Without Me) all of which were in 1980, though if the language is exacting, then only the first three are relevant as they each took in both Ireland and England (A Day Without Me was basically England, and the start of the Boy tour was Holland and England). They've already released the National Stadium gig (Another Day tour), and it would be like them to do so again, but I'm hoping that's not the case, as almost anything else from those four single tours should have fans over the moon either for the sound quality or for being completely new to fans. To keep playing the game using the language as "exacting" the mention of "I Will Follow" (written in July 1980 I believe), a couple hundred audience members, and small clubs would place us at the end of the 11 O'Clock Tick Tock tour. Leixlip Castle (though I'd love an official release of a live Shadows and Tall Trees) would be out as the audience was in the thousands. Maybe the "secret" Project Arts Centre gig? But if I have to guess, I'm going to say the sold out Half-Moon Club, London gig from July 1980. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong :) A second and more likely guess would be the September 22, 1980 gig in London during the "A Day Without Me" tour, as they've already released Boy/Girl from it, so we know they have a recording. Anyway, as I said, it may be hard for the long-timers and completists to lose on this one other than a National Stadium re-release.

• Subscriber

Not happy with this subscription offer at all. I already have North side stories. I dont have a player that plays vinyl dont even know if you can buy one, even if i could i wouldnt, not to play one album. I think there should have been a choice between vinyl and cd. Disappointed this year.

• Subscriber

Wow. I'm excited about the music that will be offered. Not so happy about the choice basically being vinyl or mp3. I have no interest in getting a record player. The majority of the music I buy on physical copy is classical, so I'm better off sticking with CDs for the sake of availability. But, download wouldn't have nearly the sound quality of the vinyl. I wish this were offered on CD as well.

You can buy turntables from deejays.

Or amazon and eBay.

*air guitar*

I'm curious what gig this will be from. I has a few shows from the Boy tour. MP3s are rubbish sound for me; there should be an option for lossless audio download (FLAC or WAV) at 48bit 96khz. Or aka Ultra HD audio.

:D

Edited by Sigma957