Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

'Another Time, Another Place' - Subscribers Offer 2015 Discussion (Merged)

Hoping we'll get something cool this time...No Book ( Unless it exclusively contains U2-photos, but I still want music!!!!), No Vinyl, no mp3....Some rocking tunes....CD and/or FLAC please !!!!

To be honest, I prefer books much over CD's. In the end, "rare" cd's aren't that rare because a few days (even hours) after release they are already available as a (ILLEGAL...) download on many sites + anno 2015 a lot of people don't use CD's anymore, it's all digital nowadays. So yes, you have a "very limited fanclub CD" because you paid 40 euro's, but your neighbor or colleague who didn't paid that 40, will also have the same cd for free (only without the case and booklet).

A book is something that can't be copied and share via download sites, so a book is really a gift with limited availability so it feels more "special" to me to have it.

Edited by Lobmans

Alright, great point, man !!! Then a really RARE BOOK with FLAC downloads from the site ?

Lobmans, lol.....At least the CDs I can play.....What about the vinyl...??? I couldn't even play it.

Edited by pain_18_

Perhaps I'm in the minority here, but I actually really loved the vinyl subscription gift and wasn't terribly disappointed with the time it took to get it. I do own a record player though, so I can understand the disappointment for those who don't. And as for the wait time, I do think it would have been nice to have it sooner than we got them, but wasn't a big deal for me.

That said, my subscription runs out beginning of December, so I'm curious to see how long it'll be until we get word on what the gift will be. Perhaps a DVD of this weekend's HBO special? Whatever it is, hopefully those of us who will have to resubscribe soon won't have too much trouble getting the new gift when it finally is announced.

The HBO concerts (mix of 1,2 and 3) are going on DVD as the official DVD of the I+E-tour... So no   subscribers' rarity  there.

Edited by pain_18_

bigwave, any news about the new gift? My subscription expire in 12 days. Thank you.

we are still waiting official news, I know its being worked on day by day as a priority, so very soon we should know more

The HBO concerts (mix of 1,2 and 3) are going on DVD as the official DVD of the I+E-tour... So no   subscribers' rarity  there.

Oh, I didn't realize the HBO special was going to be the DVD. That makes sense though. 

AFAIK that are only speculation by fans, there are no official sources for a DVD-release of the HBO concert.

Sorry, but the Paris concert is going on DVD, Lobmans !!!  It's actual INFO !!!  Isn't that right, Big Wave ?

Edited by pain_18_