What is your favorite "B-side" song?

• Subscriber

sorry mate but I bought the physical edition of the album and not the digital version of Songs of Innocence + (you're right, I just checked ITunes and I hadn't seen it was called like that) and I'm sorry but I wasn't being rude, teasing maybe, but not rude, at least not intentionally, so relax, there's nothing to get so worked up about... and remember I'm French so maybe I don't realize the "rudeness" of my tone for linguistic reasons, ok? 

PS: And technically you were the first to be rude when you said I should read the comments ;)

PPS: All of this was a simple misunderstanding and you didn't have to imply I don't read the comments I reply to...

Edited by lionwehr240579
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

With all due respect, I consider Songs of Innocence+ to be an album of b-sides so I apologise if my opinion was taken the wrong way by you. The Three Sunrises, Where Did It All Go wrong?, Lady With The Spinning Head. Like I said, I shoud stop. The fact that you're a fan of U2 means that, as far as I'm concerned, you are a person of integrity.

this comment is more favourable,,

• Subscriber

You and I are not mates so stop referring to me as such. I was civil with you but then you annoyed me. Also, you being French is not relevant and definitely nothing to use as an excuse for this misunderstanding. What makes you think that English is my first language?

• Subscriber

Honestly, when I used the word "mate" I really didn't think I was being disrespectful in any way. Let me explain--when I was in England, around 10 years ago, people kept addressing men they didn't know as "mate" so I just assumed that this was an informal way of saying sir; I didn't want to offend you.

Now, when you told me "Maybe you should take the time to read the comments that you reply to", I felt slightly annoyed and I showed my annoyance in the tone of my reply, but once again, I didn't have the impression that I was offensive, just playfully telling you "please, don't take me for a fool! Misunderstanding someone doesn't mean I'm stupid". Then you took it on another level and started to be directly insulting.

Now, if you need me to take the blame for the whole incident, that's fine, I don't really care, but just don't tell me you were civil when you said I didn't read the comment--to me, your tone was not. But maybe I'm wrong and maybe you were nice. In this case, it all boils down to a misunderstanding as I told you. After all, we can't hear people's tone of voice on the Internet...

No hard feelings, ujn70. See you around.

When reading this thread i thought to myself 'i dont know any of these songs, these must be mega U2 fans and I mustnt be as big a fan as i thought'.  Im pleased to say that and a quick trip to youtube I DO know pretty much all the songs mentioned Im just rubbish with remembering song names!!!!