Tour announcement coming Dec 3rd?

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

It's really bad timing for a lot of people. Three weeks before Christmas? Is it that much effort for camp U2 to leave it a month? 

I can just about do one show buy begging, borrowing, and living off beans for two weeks. God knows what older fans with families are ending up doing. A Christmas ticket date is challenging enough, but with a days notice? If this is true, I think it's a sad indictment of how much the band is in touch with its fanbase. 

• Subscriber

im hoping it will be January for ticket sales Mike, Christmas just isnt the time of year for ticket sales really, its gonna have to be credit all the way :S, i never known tickets to go on sale one day after announcement either.

• Subscriber

Like I'm fine, and maybe it's a bit rich with the awesome experience I had - it's just I feel loads of empathy for parents of young uns who want to go - even if it were just a week's notice, it's slightly longer to make arrangements and it's not fair for them to miss out. God knows that stage of life is difficult enough without missing out on U2!

Not speaking from experience - as far as I'm aware, I'm not a parent. Just if a lot of you are looking at the balance sheet and thinking 'how the hell am I gonna do this', you're not alone, so solidarity :)

Not that it'll matter if we do get to a show...

• Subscriber

I will be watching with interest, let's hope that announcement means they think the Bman is going to recover well. 

I think you're right, it would be the wrong time for sales, who knows what might happen, I'd like to think that the band would stand up to Live Nation on our behalf. 

But whether it happens or not I am ready, I am in exactly the position you described Mike, parent of young children and a bunch of nieces and nephews to buy for, so I've been saving as much as I can all year, I knew when they released Invisible that it was only a matter of time and there was no way I wasn't going to see them this time round. I hope others don't miss out if this is true.

• Subscriber

Has anyone seen this interview Edge did in NY the other day?

I've seen comments from people who say they did and have quoted him as saying that the tour is still in the very early stages of planning and no announcement before the New Year

Archived