Sign in to follow this  
CraigFairlie

GA for Glasgow!

Im not gonna lie i just ordered a Subscriber package 2 in hope in getting tickets for one of the Glasgow Dates. I was just wondering do subscribers get sent the code via e-mail or something ?

You're only allowed 2 tickets MAX per show. I must admit i'm disappointed U2 arent selling out Hampden like theyve done twice before.

£61 for standing is very decent. What time on Friday do the presale tickets for Subscribers go on sale ?

I wish the Hydro was never built TBH. It's just a sheer scramble for tickets for any avent now. Look at what happened with Take That, they had to add an extra night because they couldn't be bothered selling out Hampden as well. U2 could sell Hampden out 2 times. There's going to be a lot of disappointed people out there. I just hope the people lucky enough to get Tickets are proper fans like us instead of the ones who buy only with the view to sell at 3 times the cost price

i'm pretty sure Hampden 360 tour wasn't a sell out,If i get a ticket for The Hydro then that's way better than Hampden,arenas are better for gigs than stadiums.

Hampden wasn't sold out last time - there was a competing football match involving Celtic and Aresnal on at the same time which resulted in loads of eBay scalpers getting their fingers burnt!

Sorry, I'm going to be the idiot here - what is 'GA' - have seen it banded about a lot but I can only think of General Admission but no idea.. Thanks in advance.

Got decent 2nd level tickets for the Saturday at £61 - when I think how much very similar tickets (same area) for Fleetwood Mac cost me, I'm happy. Also got worse tickets for the Who last week which cost me more.

Could have tried for GA, but reckoned they would all have gone.....

Sorry, I'm going to be the idiot here - what is 'GA' - have seen it banded about a lot but I can only think of General Admission but no idea.. Thanks in advance.

you got it right.....

you got it right.....

Thanks; just to clarify is that General Admission (i.e. standing).. I'm waiting on Dublin tickets but as you're going to Glasgow what are the prices like? I've seen a lot but in dollars and Euros mainly.. Although I guess Dublin will be in Euros too actually. 

Well played to the guys who managed to get tickets. How did you go about getting them ? did you go to Ticketmaster.co.uk directly or has the tours section on U2.com lit up for people to click which show they want ?

I'm tempted to try and get tickets for Berlin. Being in the city that U2 recorded Achtung Baby would be special, plus Flights to Berlin fly direct from Glasgow. I was in Berlin in 2013, I preferred my trip to Munich in 2014 but Id happily see U2 in Berlin !

Well played to the guys who managed to get tickets. How did you go about getting them ? did you go to Ticketmaster.co.uk directly or has the tours section on U2.com lit up for people to click which show they want ?

I'm tempted to try and get tickets for Berlin. Being in the city that U2 recorded Achtung Baby would be special, plus Flights to Berlin fly direct from Glasgow. I was in Berlin in 2013, I preferred my trip to Munich in 2014 but Id happily see U2 in Berlin !

Yes, after grabbing my code from my profile page I went to the tour page on U2.com and clicked the link through to Ticketmaster, and again to my chosen date etc.  I got 2 GA tickets for Glasgow after initially looking at seated tickets, but the options for that price category (£62) was on the 2nd (or is that 3rd) tier so decided on standing for the same price would be the better option for me.  V happy.... just the near year long wait now ;)

Happy Days man. Did you have any issues in securing tickets ? Read on another forum it was constantly Errors popping up. I'm kind of dreading tomorrow cause a tonne of people like myself who are New U2 subscribers will be attempting to get tickets

Happy Days man. Did you have any issues in securing tickets ? Read on another forum it was constantly Errors popping up. I'm kind of dreading tomorrow cause a tonne of people like myself who are New U2 subscribers will be attempting to get tickets

Not too bad but I'd advise not to mess about, and to move from page to next page asap because I made the error of loading up another tab to see what other seats I could get offered, and even though I was still safely within the countdown timer on the ticketmaster page somehow the tickets disappeared and I had to start from the beginning again!  In other words just because a page on Ticketmaster gives you say 5 minutes to complete that section, it does NOT mean you are guaranteed those tickets until that time runs out, so be as quick as possible!  Good luck :)

Sign in to follow this