Link to upgrade expired accounts is broken!

• Subscriber

There definitely seems to be a problem for those of us trying to renewing existing memberships.  This morning, I was on the website trying to do this but was not able to complete it through U2.com.  Now, the link now takes you to LIVENATION's website which is selling "new subscriber" packages.   I have tried to call Fanfire customer service to ask for help. But have been on hold for a very long time.  

Ugh me too. Frustrating things are so broken. :( I just want my code :(

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Hi- I have been reporting a problem since this morning and wanted to update that apparently issues continue.  If you try to upgrade your membership (for those of us whose memberships were lapsed perhaps), the upgrade link takes you to a page with 3 advertised packages to choose from.  But if you select the first $50 membership package that includes the vinyl album and with download, the next page is the LIVE NATION website for the U2 shop but instead of having that membership package, it has a "gift subscription" for $50 that consists of the  North Side Story only.  The other membership packages advertised on the prior page are no where to be found.  

Does this mean that all of the membership packages for upgrade/renewal advertised on the "PACKAGES"page are sold out????

I have been trying to reach someone at customer service by phone all morning with no luck. I did email through the HELP link on U2.com 

FYI to all.

• Community Manager

Hi- I have been reporting a problem since this morning and wanted to update that apparently issues continue.  If you try to upgrade your membership (for those of us whose memberships were lapsed perhaps), the upgrade link takes you to a page with 3 advertised packages to choose from.  But if you select the first $50 membership package that includes the vinyl album and with download, the next page is the LIVE NATION website for the U2 shop but instead of having that membership package, it has a "gift subscription" for $50 that consists of the  North Side Story only.  The other membership packages advertised on the prior page are no where to be found.  

Does this mean that all of the membership packages for upgrade/renewal advertised on the "PACKAGES"page are sold out????

I have been trying to reach someone at customer service by phone all morning with no luck. I did email through the HELP link on U2.com 

FYI to all.

log out, clear browser cache & cookies, log in again - should fix the issue, 

• Subscriber

managed to renew just now . good luck everyone

Did you use the dropdown from your username?  That takes me to the $50 packages, which I think are for *new* users, not just those renewing expired accounts.

Or did you try the link from the tour page?  That one still seems to be broken for me.

Edited by brijazz

• Subscriber

Hi all- Thankfully, the "Packages" page seems to now be working properly and allowing you to select and purchase from the advertised membership packages ( not just the  "gift subscription" option).  I wish had done this before 9/9 since I have been a long time U2.com subscriber but apparently I missed the date and that date was the cut off to be part of the group that is in the pre-sale "A" category... Oh well.  At least, I have now been able to renew..  Thanks to all for the help this morning.

• Community Manager

Hi all- Thankfully, the "Packages" page seems to now be working properly and allowing you to select and purchase from the advertised membership packages ( not just the  "gift subscription" option).  I wish had done this before 9/9 since I have been a long time U2.com subscriber but apparently I missed the date and that date was the cut off to be part of the group that is in the pre-sale "A" category... Oh well.  At least, I have now been able to renew..  Thanks to all for the help this morning.

remember to log out, clear browser cache & cookies, and log in again to show up as paid subscriber 

• Subscriber

am i right in saying though that if your account had expired before or on september 9th and you've only just renewed the same account post september 9th then it wouldn't matter  you'd still be in the 2nd presale on the friday as you weren't a fully paid subscriber on the 9th like it's been specified?

• Subscriber

I bought the Gift subscription via Live nation. paid the $50. I didn't think anything of it i thought Live Nation were partners with U2 or soemthing. Does this mean for Friday's PreSale i won't receieve an E-Mail for a code ?