Where are our pre-sale codes? (MERGED)

irishmonk

• Subscriber

This presale has all the designs of a very clever, well thought out military maneuver to eliminate scalpers while also limiting people to seeing a single show compared to past tours where people would attend mulitple shows.

1)  Announce the tour right at the height of Christmas Shopping season when people are least expecting it. -  Peoples budgets are tight.  With Bono's injury, nobody will expect a tour announcment because they all think the tour is delayed now.

2)  Have the presale begin 24 hours after the initial announcement.  - Make people scramble to find a way to get money together, get credit line extensions as well getting to a terminal in the middle of the work day.  Some might be able to but most likely most won't be able to.

3)  Make the tickets outrageously expensive. - A $300 price point for an arena show is pricey.  A $600 night will make one think twice before attending a second show.  That means two open seats for another show that otherwise would have been bought by the same person had the show been priced at $150 a ticket.

4)  PAPERLESS TICKETS - The only way into the building is to swipe the card you used to buy your tickets at the door.  Then add a caveat that everybody in your group has to enter at the same time.  While this does remove part of the scalper, Stub Hub element, it also shuts down any fan ticket trading networks that have existed on past tours.

Guess we'll all find out tomorrow if this is a gamble that pays off or the Vertigo presale debacle all over again.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Told a friend who's a member she did not now. Would be nice if U2.com done a email alert or text to mobile to notify its fans.?

No excuse they have all our details and the technology there.

They did send an email announcing the tour and the pre-sale about 5 hours ago.. did not have any codes but it said they will arrive at some point today.  

• Subscriber

Delaying codes makes it harder to have funny business with the Thursday presales.  That may not be the intent, though.  I'm not expecting them to pop up for awhile.  Only ringside bleacher seats should be $300 if it's like past tours.  The rest should be like $50 for nosebleeds and $80 or $100 for the rest.

• Subscriber

Told a friend who's a member she did not now. Would be nice if U2.com done a email alert or text to mobile to notify its fans.?

No excuse they have all our details and the technology there.

They did send an email announcing the tour and the pre-sale about 5 hours ago.. did not have any codes but it said they will arrive at some point today.  

I have not received that email and a long time member.  Luckily I was notified via twitter and facebook by u2tourfans.

• Subscriber

Typical I am at work tomorrow, I hope I get a chance to get online for 10am, can't wait.

me, too.  I told my neighbor work- friend in advance not to talk to me starting at 10 AM

This really made me laugh !.I do the same thing.

Archived