Where are our pre-sale codes? (MERGED)

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Thats right.

I always bought the max in resale and then extra in general sale.

Last tour I bought 4 pre sale and 4 general sale.

Yes it had always been 4 tickets per subscriber in the pre-sale, but that's now changed to 2 tickets. Perhaps they have either had more subscribers join since, or they just want more people to be able to attend. 2 is better than nothing though, they could always do away with the presale all together. ;)

• Subscriber

Just read through all 12 pages of comments, wow some very upset people here and some lacking patience who could never be Jedi's. But I will agree with some, in the past the tour annoucement and then presales have been over the course of a week at least, meaning fans had several days to plan and be ready. Now, everything appears rushed, with the tour being announce this morning, and tickets up for pre-sale the following day with people waiting for codes, etc. I too thought maybe the tour would be announced after the first of the year because of Bono's surgey, but that when it was announced, more time would have been given to flesh out the questions from fans on how the pre-sale would work. Sadly there are probably a number of subscribers who have no idea presales begin tomorrow. Also as one person pointed out, long term members have been able to purchase tickets before anyone else, based on thier tier-system of purchasing but now a 20 year long member has the same chance of getting tickets compared to someone who subscribed a few months ago.

I am expecting this rush is due to see if they can announce more shows if tomorrow sales will run fast (as i suppose)

• Subscriber

Still no code either, hopefully it will be here in the morning.

Such a shame only 2 tickets, this will be the first time that my kids are old enough to come with us.

20 years married next June was hoping to go for one round that date but now only 2 tickets will have to use pre sale for London and try and get 2 more when they go on general sale.

Exciting thought to think about seeing them again, 360 tour Dublin was amazing but so long ago.

• Subscriber

But why should a 20 year long fan have more rights to see his favourite band than some young kid that just discovered them?

I rejoined 3 months ago and I my code will be useless. At the same time there will be a bundle sale. Anyone want to buy my U2 book for 50 bucks?

• Subscriber

But why should a 20 year long fan have more rights to see his favourite band than some young kid that just discovered them?

It's not about "rights" when it comes down to it. Those who have been subscribing to the fan club for 20 years or longer aren't saying no one else should go, everyone has the ability to purchase tickets when they go on sale, but longer term fan club members have always been able to get choice tickets early. The last three tours have been like that to my knowledge where there have been three presale groups, one for the longest running members, the seond for the next longest running members, and the third group for the newer members. That is just for "pre sales", the general public such as the "young kid that just discovered them" as you stated can buy when the general public on sale takes place, or they too can join the fan club.

• Subscriber

Hey eveyone!!

First of all I'd like do say that my english is not very good...so be kind with me please!! :D I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation, but I've just subscribe today for the paid membership. I've got my invoice, but never got my email statut verification so I can't sign-up as it keep telling me that my email is not confirmed... Is there anyone in this situation? 

...and yeah, I've looked at my junk mail :)

Thanks in advance!!

• Subscriber

its two ticket per show up to 2 shows fromwhat i read

I believe it's "2 tickets" total per membership presale code, meaning you can buy 2 tickets for one show, or you can buy 1 ticket for one show and 1 ticket for another show. When the general public on sale starts, its a total of 4 tickets on the first day, 8 tickets after that but more than likely the shows will sell out in day or less anyways.

• Subscriber

I suspect they are waiting until the last minute to send presale codes to avoid the possibility of fake "fans" selling their codes on ebay like last time and also to make it harder for scalpers to get all the tickets before the fans can get them.

• Subscriber

I have never known it any different for any band/tour. You can buy as many tickets as you wish in the general sale to the allocation of that vendor. 

So I would imagine worst case scenario is if you buy two in the pre-sale through "vendor a" then two more from "vendor a" in the general sale and that is the maximum allowed from that vendors you could then go to "vendor b" and buy that maximum allowed from that one.

Obviously this is how touts get so many but also fans who want to go to multiple gigs or have large families.