Where are our pre-sale codes? (MERGED)

• Subscriber

I'm not complaining about the process at all considering the debacle that was the pre-sale for Foo Fighters in North America this week...I just think it sucks that the industry has not been able to 'overcome' the scalper economy. It totally ruins the process and is made worse by the on-line sales. At least back in the day scalpers had to put shoes in the line and purchase tickets like anyone else. Now they can "bot the hell" out of online sales and overwhelm connections. I'm looking forward to the pre-sale tomorrow and purchasing two great seats and I'm looking forward to the public sale to get more for family so we can all enjoy the fun. I will say there is some anxiety that the presale starts in 14 hours and I don't have the code  :)

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Still waiting on the e-mail for the pre-sale code! When I log in, nothing on the website TOUR PAGE either.

But I know I'll go crazy if I don't go crazy tonight!! 

Zory

Edited by Zoraida
  • Subscriber

@K5Jon I think we're on the same page mate :)

They're trying to beat the scalpers. If there was an easy solution to do that, it'd be widely implemented. Fact is, it's one of the biggest, if not the biggest band in the world, relatively small venues and a big fan base across generations.

Absolutely, U2 continues to grow, it's as if there is no end in sight, and thus more fans want to see them. I don't mind them strectching out tours over a few years with one leg one year, and the next leg the following year, it does seem to make it so more fans can attend and this time by doing multiple shows in each city is a nice added touch so more fans can see them. If you compare this with the last tour, if they do add a second leg for 2016 and most people suspect they will, they are actually playing more shows so more fans can attend so it is a win win for all. Now, if only those really good seats were not $250+ each..... ;-)

• Subscriber

Just checked the FAQ section...and that is the way I understand it as well.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts as well.

Q - How Many Tickets Can I buy?
A - As a paid-up U2.com Subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to TWO tickets across the tour. You can split this up across two shows or just use for a single show.

I also am happy to read that we can save the codes for upcoming dates - they mention Dublin as an example - so that's good.

Now the difficult task of figuring out which show I should use 1 code for & save the other for Dublin...

• Subscriber

Ticketmaster is trying to get around scalpers by using the resale option.  Each year they try to outdo scalpers.  There is an organization, I forget what it's called but it represents the ticket agents who resell tickets.  They are very well funded and very strong lobbyists.  Every time legislation or an attempt to stop scalping starts; this organization shuts it down.  I have friends in ticketing  (not in Chicago unfortunately) and was talking with them today about this.  It's gonna take people saying enough is enough and I'm not paying these prices anymore.  I don't blame the bands.  If they see the scalpers getting all that money for tickets-why shouldn't the bands charge that?  NO easy solution unfortunately.

Has anyone gotten their code yet? 

• Subscriber

its two ticket per show up to 2 shows fromwhat i read

I believe it's "2 tickets" total per membership presale code, meaning you can buy 2 tickets for one show, or you can buy 1 ticket for one show and 1 ticket for another show. When the general public on sale starts, its a total of 4 tickets on the first day, 8 tickets after that but more than likely the shows will sell out in day or less anyways.

not from what i had read and even is listed on the q&A here and as well on ticketmaster .com, two per show up to two shows

Read the post a few above this one by member Librarylady....as she pointed out its a limit of two tickets per presale passcode for the tour, either you buy two tickets for one show, or you buy a single ticket for one show, and a single ticket for another show. It's not two tickets for two shows which would be a total of four tickets.

Edited by K5Jon
  • Subscriber

@K5, pfffttttt seats? It's all about GA man.. FEEL IT! :D :D

I feel it alright, in my joints. When I was 22 years old and saw the Zoo TV shows in Vancouver Canada from the front row (thank you Propaganda!) I had no problems with general admission. Flash forwards 22 years with more weight on the bones and weary Jedi I have become, much like Yoda.

I will say though those two shows back then were amazing, seems like yesterday. I took a great shot of Bono walking towards me with my camera, full body, all smiles holding the microphone, had an 11x17 made of it, met him a few times since but didn't have it with me, and then back during thier last stop in Seattle a few years ago I met him again, had the photo with me, and had him sign it. He looked at it and said "You took this photo?" and I said "Yes, 1992 Zoo Tv tour" and he smiled and said "It's nice" and then signed away. Ahhh, the U2 memories never fade...

Edited by K5Jon
  • Subscriber

He's a nice chap. :-]

I agree, the four or five times I have met him he has been really quite friendly. Adam and Edge too, Larry kind of brushed me off during that same tour in 1992, he was standing next to me and I asked for a photo with him and he said "No, ask me again later" as if I would get that chance. Their manager Paul McGuiness was really quite nice too.