Sign in to follow this  
kwaite

Ticket Strategies (MERGED)

So, texts are a flying between my friend and I.  Looks like we are meeting in Chicago and we're thinking of doing both shows.  So, one show will need to be presale and then the other on Monday for public sales.  We are also contemplating doing the first show GA and then get seats for the second as we aren't (ahem) that young anymore.  I need my sleep B).   Thus the next question:  if we do go that route which tickets to get first with the presale?   Seats or GA?    Any thoughts. 

GA, as those will go first. Just my 2 cents. GA at United Center is fun, did it for Vertigo. Also (and can someone confirm please) the United Center will generally allow fans to camp out overnight. I'm a creature of comfort and will just plan on getting in line (I'm going for GA) stupid early o'clock. 

Edited by U2Girl1966

The whole camping/waiting way in advance thing for GA may be (mostly) irrelevant for this tour.  Look at the seating charts (e.g., for the United Center). There is no "inner circle" to try to get into, and the show in "in the round", so there's no clear "front" to the GA/Floor.  Hard to figure/strategize, but it looks significantly less important to be there (really) early for GA.

Ok....heres the deal. I got two tix for Glasgow 1 show in the pre sale on thursday. i was hoping to get three GA tix for Glasgow 2 in the general sale on monday.

BUT...i think i have a plan. According to the FAQ page.....pre sales end at 12 noon tomo....thats 11 hours away.

I got to thinking.....i could get a new membership under the name of one of my mates that was coming to the show....get the code and hopefully get the tix we need before the pre sale ends. All we then do...is split the mebership cost 3 ways....which basically adds £10 to the price of our tickets. Not a huge cost to bear to secure u2 tickets.....considering we were gonna be willing to pay up to £100 for seats, on monday...if all else failed........do you think this might work or have i left it too late?

Ok....heres the deal. I got two tix for Glasgow 1 show in the pre sale on thursday. i was hoping to get three GA tix for Glasgow 2 in the general sale on monday.

BUT...i think i have a plan. According to the FAQ page.....pre sales end at 12 noon tomo....thats 11 hours away.

I got to thinking.....i could get a new membership under the name of one of my mates that was coming to the show....get the code and hopefully get the tix we need before the pre sale ends. All we then do...is split the mebership cost 3 ways....which basically adds £10 to the price of our tickets. Not a huge cost to bear to secure u2 tickets.....considering we were gonna be willing to pay up to £100 for seats, on monday...if all else failed........do you think this might work or have i left it too late?

I would imagine it will work right now providing tickets are left along as the membership is to a different name/address its technically fine.

Might not be ethically but I'm sure people have done much worse.

I considered signing my dad up for tickets for London but GA has sold out and the cost of £35 for two of us extra is an added cost.

u can get guaranteed tickets for glasgow right now on ticketmaster u can take the 2 tickets presale plus a subscription just get ur mate to do it diffrent card and diffrent billing address nothing wrong in that just meand ur still one ticket short.

Yeah....my plan was to use my mate (who would be coming to the shows) details to create and account. Its just my two mates who are coming dont have a clue how to do much on computers, so i would need to do it all

To be honest given that the subscription is now even available via Ticketmaster directly, the pre sale privilege is now just been sold anyway its just  a charge for early access more than anything and is pretty much been advertised on ticket sites as such.

Sign in to follow this