Dublin Dates and Pre Sale (MERGED)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Community Moderator

Quick question: what's the deal with student tickets? Where are the conditions? They might be an easier way to get tickets for me :)

From the Ticketmaster FAQ:

Where can I buy Student Tickets?

The student allocation will go onsale from www.ticketmaster.ie ONLY

How do I qualify for Student Tickets?

Anyone with a valid Photo Student ID can buy student tickets.

Your student card must be presented on entry to the venue. Anyone holding a student ticket, without valid student Photo ID will be refused admission.

If you buy 2 student tickets, you need 2 student IDs for admission

I'm a student, can I buy 2 student tickets and take a friend who does not have student ID?

No – both attendees must have a valid photo student ID.

• Subscriber

Quick question: what's the deal with student tickets? Where are the conditions? They might be an easier way to get tickets for me :)

From the Ticketmaster FAQ:

Where can I buy Student Tickets?

The student allocation will go onsale from www.ticketmaster.ie ONLY

How do I qualify for Student Tickets?

Anyone with a valid Photo Student ID can buy student tickets.

Your student card must be presented on entry to the venue. Anyone holding a student ticket, without valid student Photo ID will be refused admission.

If you buy 2 student tickets, you need 2 student IDs for admission

I'm a student, can I buy 2 student tickets and take a friend who does not have student ID?

No – both attendees must have a valid photo student ID.

Thanks Max! Do you need to be an Irish student or just have a student ID from any country?

• Subscriber

I have what I hope is not a totally stupid question.  If this is best asked in a different forum, please let me know.  Have people tried paying for tickets with a friends credit card using your own Ticketmaster account?  I am considering doing that for a friend, since I have a presale code but can't go to Dublin.  I'm in the U.S., so I'm also considering keeping my code for possible 2016 North American dates if they're announced before my subscription expires.  I'm just leary because I'm in a different country, so if there are any problems, it will likely be more difficult to resolve them.  I don't have sufficient funds to purchase seat tickets on my own and just sell them to my friend, and there's not enough time for her to Paypal money to me.

Any thoughts are appreciated - thanks so much!!

I have done this, I have used my account and bought tickets for other people with their credit card but I have done this in the US. I don't think ticketmaster cares as long as they get their money. Also, I could be wrong but I think any codes not used in 2015 expire, that's a question for someone else. Sadly I don't have another code so it's a big crap shoot in tickets to shows in Ireland but I will taking that crap shoot at 4am Monday.

• Subscriber

was lucky enough to pick up 2 tickets for tuesday 24th in the presale but when i check the order on my mobile ticketmaster account it says 0.00 value but when i check on the desktop ticketmaster account it says the 392.60 is gone through. I rang ticketmaster and they siad it went through.

as there seated tickets i wont be happy til i see them go through my door

Edited by paul_healy

Quick question, If I have already purchased tickets for a London show, can I still use the same credit card to book tickets for a Dublin show. With all the questions about only 2 tickets per transaction, credit card, billing address etc I am starting to worry that this will affect me getting tickets on my Credit Card on Ticketmaster Monday morning?? Please help!!??