Two ticket limit

• Subscriber

I dont see how this policy is fair to the fans who even pay more (membership)  than the next door fan to be able to get a ticket. The 2 ticket limit would be fine if a) there werent two different shows and b] we could really chose for which shows we´d like to buy tickets. But now i read that all Europeans can only buy 2 tickets for 1 show and not 1 ticket for two different shows. Where is the sense in that? I dont see a true advantage anymore.

And the fact that all GA tickets will only be mobile tickets isnt a pleasing thought either, but i understand this is a way to prevent scalpers to get into the game like they used to in the past few years.

Edited by angelfish23

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

You get the chance at 2 presale tickets 2 days before everyone else, and 1 day before the people who joined the site after the album came out.

What's unfair about that? Sorry, I just don't get it.

I have to agree. You're not dealing with some rinky dinky band here, they're pretty much the biggest band worldwide and as a result they have had to try to come up with the best possible method to get the fanclub fans tickets first. It may not seem like it's fair but it's as fair as they could probably get based on the sheer volume of people who buy tickets whenever they go on tour.

• Subscriber

You get the chance at 2 presale tickets 2 days before everyone else, and 1 day before the people who joined the site after the album came out.

What's unfair about that? Sorry, I just don't get it. 

100% argree. Like I said in another post your guaranteed pretty much two tickets in any section at any show you want? I don't know what some people expect.

• Subscriber

As a member since Propaganda days,   I think it's a pretty poor show you can't buy four tickets.

The reasoning that it's an arena tour is ridiculous, they've toured arenas before....

Plus with two different types of show as Bono is promising, means that to go along with my partner to both, I'm going to have to scramble pot luck in the public sale for the second one.

Not only that, but at the moment, we've no idea what sort of show we're actually using our pre-sale codes for (when we get them)

• Subscriber

@ nemesis, ingrida & richie 459: Yeah, your comments clearly show that you dont understand what i am talking about.

Here is the deal. There are two nights, the nights will be different. As a long time fan is it really too much to ask to be able to buy 1 ticket for each of those two nights??? Its not that hard to understand is it?

i hear you ellay - pretty much the same here

Edited by angelfish23

• Subscriber

The shows won't be THAT different but they will differ. But you can be guaranteed the same hits will be played at both nights the set will likely just differ a little more than normal.

On Monday thousands of normal people will buy tickets none the wiser of the two show idea they will just be expecting to see a U2 show and they will know that.

• Subscriber

I never said they would be the same.

But you can be sure With or Without You will be played at both nights along with the usual stuff...One, WTSHNN etc.

I would just suspect one night might lean on the early stuff and one on the later stuff.

• Subscriber

Even an additional tier for the presale would've helped.  They had 3 separate times for 360, now just about everyone is lumped into the same group.  So much for seniority.

I did ask about that, and don't rule out future further benefits for long time subscribers, its something that I want to see.

Considering it was done last tour, I honestly (naively?) thought it would continue for this tour - they have the information.