Two ticket limit

• Subscriber

My plan is to get 2 in the presale for 1 night and try for 2 in the public sale for the second night. If I don't get them for the second night though, so be it. I know the band said they were going to switch it up from one night to the next but that's fine. So be it. They always release a DVD of their tour so I'm sure I won't be missing much if I only make it to one show. I'm not going to worry about it. I got bigger fish to fry in my life right now.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I renewed my subscription for the last time. It's better to wait and buy 4 tickets or more on public onsale or I will buy from a ticket reseller like Stubhub. I have the money to do it and there obviously isn't much of an incentive to stay a paying, engaged member of the website/fan club.  Hell, I got the album for free!

I'm pretty much feeling the same. I have been a member since pre Vertigo tour, most of us got our accounts reset a few years ago with no regard to years spent as paying members. I have been through more than a few presales for U2 and I always come away shocked at how bad the management for the biggest band in the world screws up these presales. I just dont see myself going all the way to Canada to see a show by myself as one of the greatest things about a U2 show is sharing it with a loved one.

Sorry guys, its been a great ride but unless things change I'm out.

Cheers

• Subscriber

Talk about totally screwing your fan club...again. A 2 ticket limit is a slap in the face and the explanation is bogus. We had access to 4 Tickets for both Elevation and the debacle that was Vertigo. They are planning on adding dates and limiting us to 2 tickets may mean that we can't go to the show with friends and/or family. Great job guys! I hope your listening. I'm pissed!

• Subscriber

Shouldn't the loyal fans be the priority for tickets. It should be at least 4 tickets, as you will be able to buy 4 in the general sale.

exactly what i am saying in other threads, oscar!! and i dont think i am being selfish, cause we are the ones who were paying our subscriptions for years in a row, when no tour in sight!

anyone could have done the same, so i am not sorry for those who didnt! i think if venues are smaller and tix will be harder to get, the more reason to allow us to buy 4!

in europe we were always allowed 4 tix for ONE show, unlike americans who can use their presale code to buy 4 tix for up to 4 different shows!! i think that wasnt really fair either.

this time around we cant even buy 4!

Actually, americans couldn't do that.  What we could do, though, is spread out our four across different shows (e.g., 2 for one show, 2 for another).

• Subscriber

as a long term member(prop) I'm definitely OK with them allowing 2 tickets only and love that they are doing the GA entry as paperless

also want to point out that the band's yearly membership gifts are A++

win win

Actually, only the reserved seats (at least in the US) are paperless, NOT the GA (except, apparently, for Phoenix).

• Subscriber

Here's what it says on the Ticketmaster site under Ticket Limits:

Ticket Limits

There is a 2 ticket limit for all password-protected presales and membership bundles. There is a 4 ticket limit during the first day of the onsale.

Please adhere to published ticket limits. Persons who exceed the ticket limit may have any or all of their orders and tickets cancelled without notice by Ticketmaster in its discretion. This includes orders associated with the same name, e-mail address, billing address, credit card number or other information.

• Subscriber

On the whole two ticket limit thing, I must agree--this is a problem, for the reasons folks have given above.  Some have tried to justify this saying "hey, these are (smaller) arenas", etc.  But, as a few other folks pointed out, Elevation and Vertigo were arenas too (in the US, anyway), and the four ticket thing seemed to work out.  Now, if they were playing way fewer dates overall, OK, maybe that would make sense.  BUT--they're going to add at LEAST 10 more shows to this leg, maybe 20.  And this is just one leg--so maybe 30-40 shows on this leg.  And usually they have maybe three legs on each tour, so if so, the total number of shows would actually be comparable to past tours--where, again, the four-ticket limit worked out fine.  And also, geez, since lots of folks (like me) are going to have to travel to see any shows, the two ticket limit is a huge bummer.  Can't even go with your wife to the two shows!  Let alone another friend or two, etc.

Oh, and one other thing--I don't understand how folks are getting the idea that the GA tix are paperless as well.  Looking at the TM data for the US dates, this only seems true for the Phoenix dates.  All the others seem paperless only for the reserved seats.