Two ticket limit

• Subscriber

Hi,

I am trying to go to some US shows. I understand I can buy 1 ticket for 2 shows (2 tickets total) in the U2.com presale. Am I then able to buy a sperate tickets for another 2 US shows through general sales ie a total of 4 tickete between 4 shows, or will they get cancelled?

Cheers

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Talk about totally screwing your fan club...again. A 2 ticket limit is a slap in the face and the explanation is bogus. We had access to 4 Tickets for both Elevation and the debacle that was Vertigo. They are planning on adding dates and limiting us to 2 tickets may mean that we can't go to the show with friends and/or family. Great job guys! I hope your listening. I'm pissed!

Spot on, Man. What irks me the most about this is the flat-out lie they're telling in the FAQ. I've been a fan club member since Propaganda, and up to this point, we ALWAYS got to buy four presale tickets to each each leg of the tour, indoors or out. If you're going to screw us over, please don't add insult to injury by lying to us as well. 

Edited by aladinsane1969

• Subscriber

Kind of a bummer about credit cars entry cause I keep all my stubs in an album as a keepsake. This ticket locator slip they're referring to in the FAQ doesn't seem as cool as having an actual ticket stub.

• Subscriber

They couldn't have lied since they never said 4 tickets.  They've done a 2-ticket limit before.  Tour legs with 50 dates in 30 cities would have made more sense with getting 4.  Four on this limited portion of the tour would have meant running out of presale tickets since people will be driving and flying in from all over the world to get to these shows.  Loads of members would get no presale tickets.  Take your pair and cheer up a little.  Man.

• Subscriber

So I am looking at the ticketmaster.nl presale and regular links, and it doesn't say anything about ticket limits?

Copied from the Ticketmaster San Jose page:

Ticket Limits

There is a 2 ticket limit for all password-protected presales and membership bundles. There is a 4 ticket limit during the first day of the onsale and no limit thereafter.

Please adhere to published ticket limits. Persons who exceed the ticket limit may have any or all of their orders and tickets cancelled without notice by Ticketmaster in its discretion. This includes orders associated with the same name, e-mail address, billing address, credit card number or other information.

The two ticket limit is going to kill me.

I am from New Zealand and we will be in NYC for 3 of the nights U2 are playing. I am travelling with my wife and two kids, and I am so disappointed I can't get 4 tickets for my family. My kids are 12 and 14 and it would of been their first concert. 

I will just have to try my luck at the general sale because with only 2 tickets whose going to look after our kids while we are at the show!

I have seen U2 at every New Zealand show since the Love Town tour.

I feel like crying

Edited by millarhousenew

• Subscriber

If you have four tickets that means it's less likely that I'll get tickets so two each seems fair to me.

This argument happens every tour, even with two tickets each, pre-sale will probably sell out and, other than making it one-ticket each or every person for themselves, this is the fairest way to do it.

Shall we go back to just being able to book by phone or turning up at the venue when tickets go on sale.

You love the biggest band in the world, so do a lot of other people, we all want tickets. If you want an easy life, I'm sure tickets for "Simply Red" are still available.

• Subscriber

As the venues are smaller than usual (especially in Europe, compared with Elevation Tour) I can understand there's a maximum of 2 tickets. But as Bono says the two nights will be different (a rock show and an unplugged show?) we're forced to get tickets for both nights. 

In that case you can't take a friend/family member to a gig. That's not fair.

But I think we will be given moren opportunities to buy more as the venues will sell out and extra dates will be added.