I guess they'll skip Latin America this tour right?

• Subscriber

We haven't had an Arena tour here since ZooTv... And the only Arena only tour, Elevation, skipped us...

So I guess they won't be coming down here again?

It's a shame.

Edited by pablovi

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

The thing is, there are not that many Arenas here... Just open stadiums or auditoriums with little capacity, that's why they don't bring them here.

There's only one in Mexico City, where they played ZooTV, but it's not fitted for U2 anymore, it has terrible acoustics, and only sits 20,000 people, they would have to play 6 or 7 times there.

• Subscriber

Exactly! There aren't appropriate arenas in Latin America.

So no chance to be close to the band in an intimate show.

Only rich people can afford to travel to North America or Europe for a show... not my case.

• Subscriber

I know but it's not the same. It's always a mess, it's not organized... full of problems. And in a stadium it's completely different, it's another kind of show and just like I said, we don't have the opportunity to be close to the band.

I'm truly sad. The "rest of the world" should deserve more respect. It's not easy to live here, everything is much more expensive for us... it's harder to be a fan here than anywhere else.

I wish I could travel to U.S. or Europe but it's too expensive, specially the flight... U$1 = R$3 for me, sadly no way.

Edited by febottini

• Subscriber

The thing is, with all the fans U2 has in Latin America, they will need to play ago least 5 times in an Arena! Like they did in ZooTv in Mexico, in a Stadium they could do only 2 or 3 shows.

5 Arena shows is only 1 show in attendance of the Azteca Stadium... They played 3 times, all sold out in the Azteca las tour... They need to play more than 10 times on an Arena, to sell the same amount of tickets.

Edited by pablovi

• Subscriber

there's 4 major arenas in Mexico where any international show could be played including a huge brand new one in Mexico City.... but I don't know about the rest of the countries in Latin America. 

They have said that they will start small, and then see where it takes them... my guess is it will turn into a stadium tour in 2016 for dates in Latin America and maybe some other european cities. I don't think they will skip it, they know just how great their audiences are here, and they have publicly apologized for skipping Elevation.

But indeed it would be nice to have them in arenas here..... just to get a different feel to their shows.... but hey.... they played 12 dates in NY back in 2005... who says they won't play 6 or 7 dates in LA countries?