Question about presale for two members with the same billing address (MERGED)

• Subscriber

My dad and I are both U2.com members and we are planning on purchasing tickets to both of the Vancouver shows. I would buy a ticket for night one and night two and he would buy a ticket for night one and night two. Because the billing address on both of our U2.com memberships are the same, will Ticketmaster cancel one of our orders if we both get tickets to the shows? We have seperate credit cards, but the billing address for both cards is the same.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I've got a similar issue--two, actually:

1) My father and I have the same first and last names, but different addresses/credit cards.  Is there any risk to him joining (i.e., our tix being cancelled because we have the same name and our addresses are in the same area--but not identical).

2)  My mother (who lives with my father) is already a member.  If my father joins, it's obviously at the same address, and could be the same credit card.  Any problem there?  Or maybe they should try to use different credit cards??

Thanks!

• Subscriber

Hey All,

I was curious about the situation described above, so I went ahead and called TM. According the customer service representative I just spoke with, she said that any ticket orders that have overlapping info (i.e. credit card, billing address, name, etc.) would result in a cancellation, even if the orders are for two respective u2.com member accounts.

To take the first example above... even with different name, credit card, and presale code, you and your father's orders would be considered "in conflict" due to the same billing address. As a result, the orders would be cancelled according to the representative.

Anyway, just wanted to throw this out there as an FYI.

Bigwave and other mods - appreciate all the forum support regarding the tour. I wish the whole process allowed for more time... I can't imagine this 24 hour crunch being easy for fans or the u2.com support team. Hang in there everybody!

Best,

Andrew 

• Subscriber

My Mr want's to buy my tickets for me as part of my xmas present, could this be a problem as it's MY credit card that is registered with my U2.com account or is it not a problem if his card is already registered on my TM account?