Question about presale for two members with the same billing address (MERGED)

• Subscriber

Wait a minute--I'm not buying some of this info.  My wife and I (who obviously have the same billing address), but use different credit cards, have had no trouble both using our presale codes in the last 3 U2 tours.  Based on this past experience, my guess is that in reality one is OK with the same address as long as the names and credit cards are different.

Edited by mike7man

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

i kind of feel bad for my roommate who is also a u2 member but wants tickets for a city that goes on sale after the city i want.  according to this thread, he won't be able to get any pre-sale tickets.  completely diff names, credit cards, and u2 memberships, but same address.  sad!

• Subscriber

Hey Mike7Man,

I hear you about the experience with previous tours. I tried to ask the TM representative several ways just to make sure (and certainly, different reps may provide somewhat varying info), but she seemed pretty confident that any conflicting info would result in a cancellation.

I specifically asked, "Even with different names and cards for two distinct u2.com presale codes, having the same address would result in cancellation of the orders?" The representative then confirmed this was the case (though I agree it makes little sense). 

My conversation with TM certainly represents a small sample size, but I would hope they know what they are talking about. Based on the information I was provided, I would hate to see the real fans take their chances and then potentially get screwed down the line...

Andrew

• Subscriber

Hi Andrew--

I hear you, and maybe it's the case.  I just remember that this issue has come up every tour, and in the past it's never been a problem (for me & my wife)--and I'm talking the last three tours here.  On the other hand, what you're saying does make me nervous, for sure.  But, I'm going to do it anyway.  My own sense it that what would really kill things is using the same credit card.  In any case, we'll see what happens w/my experience, and I'll keep the boards posted here w/the outcome.  Actually, I'm going to try to dig up whatever TM has written policy-wise on this as well.

Mike

PS--Bigwave, maybe the above info might help you if you end up talking w/TM about this.  I'm absolutely positive that, at least in the situation I describe (different names, different credit cards, of course different u2.com memberships, but the same billing address) TM has never cancelled orders (at least in my experience).  Believe me, I'd remember if it had!

Edited by mike7man

• Subscriber

Does anyone know if this rule applies to presale only? My husband wants to go to a few shows with me but since we share the same address and have joint cards there is no way we are going to risk us both buying presale, we'd wait for Monday to get the rest off ticketmaster

• Subscriber

Actually, one more thing.  When TM talks about the presale limits, they say "persons who exceed the ticket limit....".  The policy is clearly designed to prevent individual people from exceeding the ticket limit.  Well, if it's clearly two separate people, what's the issue?  When they go on to talk about orders w/the same name, billing address, etc., that seems oriented around trying to catch individual people from exceeding the limit.  And again, I'd suggest Bigwave talk to TM about this--it could save a lot of people a lot of trouble.

• Subscriber

Anyone within U2/LiveNation able to confirm this same address, different everything else cancellation business? Somehow I don't entirely trust a Ticket Master customer service rep to have all the information, but I, too, am way too nervous to risk it. Feeling sad about this inability for my husband to buy tickets to one night, and me to the other - each with our own valid accounts.