Dear Zootopians,

does anyone have the answer to the problem of buying a 'gift package' by accident, in stead of the package for your selves?

Wanted to resubscribe. Went to my profile, selected the update-button, bought the package at the Live Nation site.

After this I noticed the 'gift- thing' and learned that it's not the right package to get the pre-sale codes myself...

Noooooooooo!!!!

Just got the confirming email with the unique gift subscribing code... but can't use it myself or??

What to do?

Can I trade the code with someone in the same situaties? Or isn't that possible because we both ar members allready?

Help!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm (still) stuck with this issue as well. Having clicked the "Upgrade"-link I was transferred to the Live Nation-site and the three Gift Packages (that I didn't at the time see were "Gifts"; you don't really expect being linked to the wrong products so it's easy to miss), and accidentally purchased one of them.

I have not received a code yet.

• Subscriber

Just wait for an email that have a CUPON number, then login at U2, and choose the same package, then at u2fanfire cart use the coupon, and ur balance will be $0, confirm, logout U2.COM, trash cookies, re-login at U2.com and voila !!

this is the email that u may have receive:

This coupon allows you to subscribe to U2.Com and when you've done and logged-in as a subscriber, we will send you a copy of the North Side Story: U2 In Dublin, 1978-83 Lavish, 274-page publication. Definitive account with rare photos & interviews. Limited Edition.<br><Br>

Pre-sale ticket access when the band go on tour....  and you'll receive unlimited access to U2.Com for one year.

All you have to do is go to http://www.u2.com/service/subscribe/

Choose your username and complete the Subscriber information. After confirming your address,  enter this unique GIFT SUBSCRIPTION CODE once in the shopping cart.

-->   NXXXXXXXX........   <--

Click Check Out and your balance in the cart will show as $0.

• Subscriber

i Ordered the Gift package at 4pm. At 9:52 i got a follow up E-Mail with the code which i was supposed to put in the cart to become a Subscribed member

I went ahead and paid another $50 for standard package off the Upgrade option so im officially a Subscribed member and come Friday hopefully i'll have my code. 

It took around 6 hours for me to get my Coupon Code. I have it in an E-Mail i hope they allow me to return it cause i would like my first $50 back :(

Don't panic buy a second subscription like i did. Wait the 6 hours, the E-Mail will arrive.