• Subscriber

In general, I'd say the VIP packages are not worth it.  Apparently, they're available both with the presale code and (later) without it.  On the other hand, I noticed somewhere (sorry, can't remember where offhand--in one of the TM descriptions for one of the US venues, I think) that you can (maybe) get 4 VIP tix, which could be one of the few ways to get tix for a group larger than 2.  And on the other, other hand, even if they add a bunch of shows (which they will, especially at places like Chicago, NYC, London, etc.), I think they still may end up not doing as many shows on this tour vs. previous tours.  Demand is likely to be huge, so there's that to think about--especially for getting tix for 3 or 4 folks together.  And finally, the VIP packages may end up being the only way to get good reserved tix, given that the non-VIP good reserved tix are going to be snapped up like crazy.

• Subscriber

IMO the VIP packages have not been worth it.  You get about $50 worth of amenities (pre-show reception ($30-40) and some swag ($10-20)) for $200+ additional in price.  There are some conveniences that really only make sense if you've got a lot of disposable income.   Considering the tight controls on tickets and limits, people may be tempted to buy them to get an early 4 person order.  I'm not sure why someone would do that when they could just order a 2nd U2.com subscription and get 2 codes to get their 4 tickets, it will be much cheaper than buying VIP tickets.