Splitting code across two shows in Europe?

ClaypoleGirl

• Subscriber

If I'm reading the FAQ right, we can't, we have to use both tickets for 1 show.

http://zootopia.u2.com/topic/29040-innocence-experience-tour-2015-faq-read-only/?p=933514

"Translation:

You may purcharse 2 tickets for a European show (one transaction), or for North American shows you can either buy 2 tickets for one show OR break it up into 1 ticket for one show, and an additional ticket for another show (total of 2 tickets total) in North America."

EDIT:
I've just read another post that indicates that I might be wrong here, http://zootopia.u2.com/topic/29084-where-are-our-pre-sale-codes/?p=935812 . But they might just be referring to the North American shows so I don't know, best just wait for someone else to reply and clarify.

EDIT again:

I scrolled down that thread and they confirmed they were just referring to North America so it does still seem that it is not allowed for Europe.

Edited by Faye_Kelly

• Subscriber

The FAQ about ticket limits changed at some point yesterday from the one with North America only in it, to one with no mention of any specific area. I guess I'll just hope someone confirms before 10.

I'm worried that if I try to buy single tickets for two shows my code might let me but that they will both end up being cancelled because I broke the rules.

• Subscriber

i'm buying for me and possible my partner. we have a code each. i'm trying for both of us, she is at work. anyone hazzard a guess if i can pay with my credit card details using both codes or does it have to be one unique credit card billing address per code?

Edited by Stuart P

• Subscriber

Yeah, I saw that too. Really confusing... I just arranged to buy tix for night #2 and my friend is buying for #1... Seems the saver bet.

I'm going alone so unfortunately don't have that option. I guess there is still time for clarification, failing that I hope it might be possible to get one ticket in the general sale. If I get GA in the presale for one night, I won't really mind what ticket I get for the other - just to be there would be fine!

• Subscriber

i'm buying for me and possible my partner. we have a code each. i'm trying for both of us, she is at work. anyone hazzard a guess if i can pay with my credit card details using both codes or does it have to be one unique credit card billing address per code?

Absolutely, positively do NOT use the same credit card--that will expose you to serious risk of having both purchases cancelled.  So yes, use one unique credit card (i.e., you and your partner's!) per presale code.  Shouldn't be a problem for you and your partner, I'd think--?

• Subscriber

I'd still get 2 Claypole! You can always find someone to swap with even if that means you have to arrange going in at the same time!!

(though I honestly can't see the creditcard entry thing working here in Europe)

I did consider buying two for one show then finding someone with two for the other night to swap with and go with, but I think I'd rather know that I was fully sorted by next Monday rather than having to find someone to do a swap with.

As for the credit card entry, I've been to two concerts at the O2 where it was used and it worked fine, perhaps took a little longer than usual to get in as credit cards were being put into machines at the doors. It didn't completely stop touts as they just advertised that they would go into the venue with the purchaser - I guess if they made enough profit on the other tickets in the group they could afford to use one to get in themselves.