Sign in to follow this  
millarhousenew

General Public Sales - How Quick Do They Sell Out?

The two ticket limit is going to kill me.

I am from New Zealand and we will be in NYC for 3 of the nights U2 are playing.

I am travelling with my wife and two kids, and I am so disappointed I can't get 4 tickets for my family. My kids are 12 and 14 and it would of been their first concert. 

I will just have to try my luck at the general sale because with only 2 tickets whose going to look after our kids while we are at the show!

So based on previous shows, what are the chances of getting tickets when they go on sale to the general public?

PS: I have seen U2 at every New Zealand show since the Love Town tour. I feel like crying 

I'd be interested to know this too. I've never bought U2 tickets onsale, only in presales. Ironically, back when we had the 4 ticket limit, I only ever bought 2, one for me and one for my boyfriend, and we would only go to 1 gig. But this time I want to see multiple shows and I want to take more people, so I'll have to buy the additional ones in the onsale and see how far I get with that.

Impossible to know how fast each venue will sell out but clearly don't count your chickens, it's going to sell out insanely quickly. Still though at least You have two tickets :-)

the online sales will sell out in less than 10 or less for the uk dates anyway 

Impossible to know how fast each venue will sell out but clearly don't count your chickens, it's going to sell out insanely quickly. Still though at least You have two tickets :-)

Unfortunately two tickets are no use to me. As mentioned we would have no one to look after our kids if my wife and I go.

Public sales will literally take seconds to sell out. Especially NYC.

Keep your eyes on TM show listings for any additional shows getting added soon after initial sellouts.

I'm in the same boat as we were really looking forward to taking our kids to their first U2 show.

Gonna try my luck at the public sale (probably the mid-week show(s) won't sell out quite as fast).

Then I'll save my pre-sale code for hopefully a second leg and really hoping for a show in Philly :)

Edited by gcf1971

I'm in the same boat as we were really looking forward to taking our kids to their first U2 show.

Gonna try my luck at the public sale (probably the mid-week show(s) won't sell out quite as fast).

Then I'll save my pre-sale code for hopefully a second leg and really hoping for a show in Philly :)

If by a second leg you mean 2016, we'll probably get new presale codes for that, if 360 was anything to go by. I'm not sure if our current presale codes would still be valid by then.

Good point.  Well then I might just use it to buy tickets just in case I can't get four come Monday.  They may add additional dates though as there are some gaps.

Good point.  Well then I might just use it to buy tickets just in case I can't get four come Monday.  They may add additional dates though as there are some gaps.

I think there's a high chance they will add more dates and more presales. :) I'm waiting on the announcement of the Dublin dates and presale myself, and saving my code for that.

Sign in to follow this