If the speculation about a video screen above the catwalk is right that would explain why there are lower priced restricted view seats at the end of the arenas - they can probably see all the stage (no backdrops etc) but won't get to see the video visuals.

From the pricing structure I'm thinking less and less that it is main stage/B stage. Ok, the drums will probably be at the opposite end to the Rz, but I'm suspecting the long stage/catwalk will be heavily used, and with a long video screen above then somewhere halfway down the arena might turn out to be the prime spot. Certainly for London they had top price tix in the upper tier in these locations, as well as round much of the lower bowl seating.

this is so obvious .....

stage.jpg

Where was it taken from?

I'm guessing this is a joke in regards to the IE logo.

this is so obvious .....

stage.jpg

Where was it taken from?

It was created by a fan to back up the idea that the logo could be the stage setup.  Not official, just speculation, but it's a very good speculation in my opinion.

RE: floor setup: Looking at Vancouver's map (below), you see a very clear north and south floor section divide for the GA tickets. (North and South of the River, anyone?) Also, my GA ticket says "Section N-FLR", which to me says I must stand on that side of the floor, with no movement allowed to the other (South) side. Could be wrong, but that's what it looks like to me: a divided floor.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/u2-innocence-experience-tour-2015-vancouver-british-columbia-05-15-2015/event/11004D824953B298?artistid=736365&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1&tm_link=search_msg-0_11004D824953B298

To further speculate, might this mean two GA lineups on the day of the gig (one line up for each GA section)?

Interesting.  Haven't seen anthing like this w/other venues, where even though the floor is (largely but not entirely) divided, it seems at least possible to change sides, etc., and other venues' GA tix don't have designations anything like yours (just the good old "GA1", etc., which doesn't mean anything).  So maybe Vancouver is doing something different than everywhere else!

Interesting! Come to think of it, when i got my GA ticket for the 26th October in London, there was a diagram showing me where my ticket was located and it was in one half of the GA pit! It doesnt state anything other than GA on my booking email but the diagram definatley had one half of the GA floor highlighted and the other half was greyed out!

Wow.  Well, who knows--maybe more venues are that way.  BUT--and Lord knows, we don't need this problem--say you want to meet up w/friends or whatever to do GA and you're on different assigned "sides".  That would totally suck.  Also, as far as I know, no US GAs have had any "side" designations thus far.

Perhaps a new incarnation of the retro Zooropa tour set? Base stage - long catwalk to an expanded second stage design in a smaller format of the 360 outer ring stage? That's in my head anyway.

Sign in to follow this