What Andy said.  Plus, for doubters, check further back in this thread for a bunch of other evidence supporting the SAP setup as "the" stage design (for openers, click the link at top of this page to see it yourself).  And Kristaps, I know you're not yet convinced and still think it could be a true center stage thing.  But, then how do you then deal w/the SAP map?  Or (secondarily) the Amsterdam map?  And the ticket pricing data? (i.e., it's not symmetrical--invariably, there are more lower-price tix behind one end than the other, in the arenas that have ends on both sides).

Edited by mike7man

I'm amazed nobody else has spotted that the stage design is clear in the tour poster. The lettering clearly shows the I and the E linked together. The I being the main stage and the e will form the b stage with the red zones enclosed within the e.

Actually, a number of folks have already suggested this--see earlier in this thread.  Also see earlier for reasons why this is unlikely--for example, the very detailed SAP map (see immediately prior post), which almost certainly is from the actual U2 production people.  It's just too darn detailed to not be right.

I'm amazed nobody else has spotted that the stage design is clear in the tour poster. The lettering clearly shows the I and the E linked together. The I being the main stage and the e will form the b stage with the red zones enclosed within the e.

I think you're right for the stadium tour. In arenas it just takes up too much floor space.

I don't see why the linked IE design is too big. It would be not much larger than the heart used indoors for the elevation tour, or the lips used by the stones indoors etc.

But what would be the point of it? Having the catwalk/ b stage arrangement means they have addressed the issue of getting closer to fans at the far end of the arena from the main stage. Throwing in extra unnecessary staging just reduces the number of GA tickets they can sell, eating into revenue, and adds to costs.

Yeah.  And while it would look cool, the other info earlier in this thread (e.g., the SAP map) makes it pretty clear that, for example, the RZs will not be "inside" such a layout.

I'm not saying they will use it or should use it.

I'm just saying they can, and as one explanation to ticket prices...thats probably why lower tier seeing is so damn expensive, to compensate for the lack of GA they can sell.

I can't believe all the educated speculation here.....it is just speculation, ya know?  it is what it is....it would have been nice to know the actual stage design before the tickets went on sale.

How are fans supposed to decide which seats to buy,if dont know which is the front or back of the stage? I dont understand why the stage design isnt more clear.Maybe the band will be on a revolving stage that spins around so everyone gets the same view,that would be cool.

Sign in to follow this