I'm surprised by the layout above. This is different that I would expect based on other seating chart. When I first saw the seating chart, I thought the stage would be very similar to the one used by Metallica (a rectangle in the middle of the floor - see picture).

did you see the one MetallicA used for 'Through The Never'  :blink: oh my gosh it was so compilcated, you have to see the film to appreciate it.

they only did I think 10 concerts with it, 5 in Mexico and then filmed the movie in Canada. I'd loved to of been at that gig! \m/^_^\m/

giant electric chair above the band (a death zone if you stepped too close) 5 Telsa coils going off causing the band to switch to

analog  :blink: cause it stuffed up their gear. MetallicA!!

Edge's side of the stage will feature a kiddie pool for Innocence and Adam's side a hottub for Experience, Ascent only occurs if they play non-acoustically in the pool or tub, or in case of a volcanic eruption.

Check this out for some hints towards what could be a very visually stimulating stage design:

http://esdevlin.com

Amazing portfolio of work, and guess what her current project is?

nice find!

Heh... looks like the very obvious one long catwalk across the floor, one and to another, has been confirmed. U2.com accidenally poster a presentation and then quickly took it down, but not before people at U2start.com managed to get their eyes on it. From their twitter:

1. Screens located above the stage, double sided. Sides of the stage have guitar technicians and mini orchestra to the right of the stage.

0 replies10 retweets4 favorites
     Retweet10
     Favorite4
    More

Stage will be in the middle of the long catwalk, no b-stage. Larry on a rounded platform that turns 360 degrees.

0 replies11 retweets2 favorites
     Retweet11
     Favorite2
    More

http://U2.com  accidentally posted a presentation, which they then removed, with all details about the stage of the #U2ieTour

Wow.  If this is for real (and no real reason to think it isn't, given that it was on u2.com, however briefly), that's a big deal, and I was certainly wrong about there being a main stage, b-stage/RZs, and connecting catwalk.  Kudos to Kristaps and others who have argued throughout for a true center stage.  Although, if the above is true, then there's still odd things that don't make sense--like the ticket pricing clearly favoring one end over the other (in ellipsoid arenas like in the US), and where the RZs are, which now seems pretty random.  Also, one drawback (?) of a true center stage is that no matter where you are, presumably half of the time you're looking at their backs.  Not thrilled w/that.

Some of the elements of this stage remind me of Peter Gabriel's 'Growing UP' tour in 2002-2003. He did a center stage design. It was really cool, very minimal. My memory of seeing Peter Gabriel in person is not really noticing that lot's of the band isn't facing you during the songs. PG even had the keyboards and drums facing in towards to stage rather than the crowd.

Can't wait to see what U2 have in store.

Here's what Peter Gabriel's center stage looked like.

Jason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIbuI45I3Q0

i still cant believe all of the tickets sold so far are without any fan knowledge of not only the stage setup and ticket/seat locations, but also the alternating setlist/performance each night. Many fans might be disappointed that their very expensive ticket was for the night they did not wish to see. not to mention looking at thier backs for 50% of the show.

Sign in to follow this