Red zone tix for MSG are going for 1000 each up- to like 13000! On stub hub! Anyone know what the face was- I never had a chance for them in the onsale/presale - lucky for GA - lucky red zoners! That's what they paid up for! hope no one buys resale- intention was for charity--

@$370-ish I think.

Maybe the RZ does run along the catwalk on one side - as shown in these images, and maybe they plan to fill this area using something similar to the lottery system for the Elipse on the Vertigo Tour. So, all RZ ticket holders have guaranteed entry into this area, and the area is then filled with other GA, either by lottery or 'first come first served' ?

It will be interesting to say the least. I have GA for LA, and RZ for NYC, and I definitely don't want the RZ to have an empty or sparse feel to it. Pretty sure the band wouldn't do that. Even though the RZ tickets were a small fortune, I have no problem with the area being filled to the max with other GA'ers, of which I will be one in LA.

We'll soon see I guess. I have to agree with some previous comments though - I think we could have all been slightly better informed on these issues, whilst still retaining a huge element of surprise for showtime !

Hmm.  That's an interesting thought--sort of a combo RZ and lottery/regular GA/inner circle thing.  That would make way more sense than a quasi-empty RZ all along the rail.  We'll see, but I still think the RZs won't be like this, though--I bet they're by the b-stage, as all the TM and San Jose venue maps show.

Stage will be good, and the tour motif is excellent.

There's never a bad seat at a U2 gig if you listen to the music and avoid the noise.

The band will certainly be close to just about everyone in the arena at some stage of the show. Looks like a great design. Though I do feel for those that now discover they have seats behind the 'I' stage, as this was never disclosed.

Edited by ddarroch

Maybe the RZ does run along the catwalk on one side - as shown in these images, and maybe they plan to fill this area using something similar to the lottery system for the Elipse on the Vertigo Tour. So, all RZ ticket holders have guaranteed entry into this area, and the area is then filled with other GA, either by lottery or 'first come first served' ?

It will be interesting to say the least. I have GA for LA, and RZ for NYC, and I definitely don't want the RZ to have an empty or sparse feel to it. Pretty sure the band wouldn't do that. Even though the RZ tickets were a small fortune, I have no problem with the area being filled to the max with other GA'ers, of which I will be one in LA.

We'll soon see I guess. I have to agree with some previous comments though - I think we could have all been slightly better informed on these issues, whilst still retaining a huge element of surprise for showtime !

Interesting, though I can't see it happening, as the original promo material does state that "The (RED) Zone gives you access to an exclusive VIP area directly adjacent to the Stage". Some mightn't feel too exclusive if others from GA are allowed in. Though I'm like you, & wouldn't have a problem with it. In any case it won't be 'filled to the max'. RZ is a more 'leisurely' experience. For 360, RZ was quite crowded by the rail, & very sparse at the back. So you had the choice to jump around like a madman with everyone else, by the catwalk, or just chill out further back & enjoy the show. Best of both worlds. If they filled it up like regular GA is certainly wouldn't be leisuely, front of GA is darn right squishy. I'm thinking that the RZ will take up part of one side of the catwalk. Just enough room on the catwalk so the RZ crowd would be 2-3 people deep (say 40 RZ'ers on the rail), so wouldn't have to be quite the full length of the catwalk I think. Just a little bit more additional room further back in RZ, for people to chill out, then a single barrier separating RZ from the seathing mass of GA. I think the energy in RZ would still be great with this layout, particularly with GA directly behind. Also, last tour RZ had folding chairs at the back of the area, no mention of it this tour. Maybe because GA will be hanging over that back RZ rail, so it wouldn't be suitable for seating? RZ does need access, so I'd expect it would extend down one side of the b-stage. This layout does take up a little room, but not too bad. Also it doesn't put the GA crowd too far from the catwalk, probably no more than the distance from the crowd to the band at a stadium show or festival. Plus the band would still be able to work off the energy of the closer GA crowd on the other side of the catwalk. In any case, while the band do use the catwalk a fair bit, they'll spend the majority of the show on one of the stages, where the crowd will be closer to the band.

Just some thoughts. I'm hoping that RZ is by the b-stage, as Mike says.

Edited by ddarroch

I don't know how the stage will be oriented inside the venue. I bought VIP seats 6 rows up from the Red Zone (as depicted in the Ticketmaster diagram). The listing specifically said "in the round". So if there's a Main Stage, I either have incredible seats, or I paid VIP prices to be near the back.

I'm a bit puzzled, and kinda bummed if it turns out we're in the back relative to a Main Stage. I guess there's really no way of knowing until we get there. I wish it had been clearer.

But...it's U2, so it will be good no matter what.

^_^

I think you'll be just fine. I think you'll be at the opposite end to the 'I' stage, but reasonably front on, so will have good views of that part of the stage. I think it may have been called in-the-round because the band will spend a fair amount of time on each of the two stages (the 'I' & the 'e'), so will spend a fair bit of time on each side of the arena. So when the band performs on the 'e' stage, which may be for a pretty good portion of the show, you'll be very close, it'll be great! As you're not totally front on (at the end of the arena), you'll also have good views of the screen above the catwalk. I any case, I'm sure all VIP tickets will have great views. Edited by ddarroch

Utwothefly just had a very interesting idea about the apparent RZ "moats" running all along the walkway--namely, that they may simply mark paths for people to get into and out of the actual RZs.  If so, this would make sense w/all the prior info (the San Jose arena map, the TM maps), which clearly show the RZs only by the b-stage.

Yeah, it's an interesting idea, but as I said on the other post, I think that it's too great a distance, just to gain access. You'd have to do it twice to visit the bathroom, & that's still only getting you just off the floor. Gaining access to RZ from the corners (near section 103 & 113) would be a more sensible option. It'd be what, less than 10 metres to leave the floor. Once the shows started it would certainly be an experience, having to walk past the entire length of the catwalk, plus the F-O-S area. GA heaving on the barrier, camera wizzing by on it's tracks. Not a very VIP experience (though I think it could be fun).

I do think the original location of the RZ's, as described on the San Jose map (which as you say, has been accurate in every way), is the most sensible location. If not the best location (I'd pick e-stage rail, right at the end of the arena floor). But those pesky red lines on the ground are doing my head in. Can't wait to find out! Can't wait to see U2 live!

Edited by ddarroch

Sign in to follow this