There's a lot of evidence that it's going to be a main stage (on the other end of the RZ) and a b-stage (w/the RZs by it), with a catwalk connecting them.  See my post in the RZ topic.  One thing that almost clinches it is that seats behind the main stage (i.e., at the other end from the RZ) at various venues have "limited view", etc. warnings attached to them.  That wouldn't happen if the main stage were by the RZs, or if they were really going to be "in the round".  But we'll see!

Also, check out Silviav's post on pg. 1 of this thread.  The Amsterdam diagram again suggests a main stage, with a major catwalk down the center and the RZ at the other end from the main stage.  Interestingly, the Amsterdam diagram does not appear to have an actual b-stage (although the SAP diagram does).  Also, the Invisible video sure looks a lot like the Amsterdam setup.  Any way you slice it, though, there's a bunch of evidence that the RZs are on the other side from the main stage.

Edited by mike7man

Those 31 dollar seats seem to indicate that there will be some sort of backdrop that will block or limit the view of those sitting in those sections.  I got 2 tickets in the equivalent section of 223 in Chicago2 and they say 'limited view'.  I'm not complaining because I'll be in GA the day before :)

On second thoughts could these not be the cables for Bonos mic? In the Invisible video he moves it with him when he walks down the catwalk.

Exactly (re the $31 "limited view" seats).  This is just the kind of accumulating evidence that suggests that the RZ is on the other side from the main stage.

Edited by mike7man

Did you get an RZ ticket? You seem really upset with the location of it  :P

The long blue lines are cables that Bono will use to send champagne and horse's doofers to the folks in the upper tiers that spent 300 bucks on a ticket.

The long blue lines I think are jut part of the schematics of the drawing, I don't think they have any relevance on the stage design. 

Yeah, I think the blue lines are the mechanism that make Bono fly...

The long blue lines I think are jut part of the schematics of the drawing, I don't think they have any relevance on the stage design. 

Yeah, I think the blue lines are the mechanism that make Bono fly...

A bicycle is cheaper

Did you get an RZ ticket? You seem really upset with the location of it  :P

No, I didn't (buy an RZ ticket)--in part because I spent lots of time (too much!) first trying to figure out where the RZ was.  I must confess I was irked that the RZ's location wasn't made clear to begin with.  In any case, I'm also fine with its location--it preserves U2's history of regular GA being able to get the best positions of all (which was also true on the 360 tour).

Sign in to follow this