Paperless tickets/North America

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Is this alleged credit card entry requirement discussed anywhere credible on u2.com or ticketmaster? All I have seen are random posts and descriptions of how it works, but nothing concrete to confirm that it will actually be implemented for these shows (particularly for GA).

If the original purchaser has to be present with the credit card and you can't give your tickets away, then how come there are already so many tickets placed up on stubhub for sale?!

Hoping someone can shed some light on this.

Hopefully they are actually able to send out "hard" tickets.

Thanks.

• Subscriber

There are a couple of things at play here.  New York state does not allow "paperless" tickets, that is why you probably see so many StubHub listings for the NYC shows.  In the rest of the country (USA) all of the good seats (lower levels) and General Admission tickets are paperless.  For all paperless tickets, you just need to present your ID and the Credit card you paid for the tickets with, at the night of the show.  It's meant to prevent scalpers, but somehow they have figured a way around it - they use gift credit cards, I think.  I live in Los Angeles and I was able to score a pair of front row tickets in the lower level, this morning, and they are not paperless.  I guess that means the seats are not so great.  I can't figure anything out from the stage setup.  I just wish they had a normal stage setup, like everybody else.

• Subscriber

Can anyone confirm then, whether or not they were able to check out on TM with the option to have actual GA tickets shipped to them? (I guess for any shows other than the NY shows)

Or did everyone who got GA's today get a notice of all the credit card / ID requirements that they'd need to go through when they checked out?

BOSTON

just got this email from the TD bank north garden...

All of the GA area is paperless requiring a credit card entry.  They can not be converted to hard tickets and they are non transferrable.  I'm sorry, I know this is an inconvenience to some, but almost every concert is now selling paperless tickets.  Even if you had hard tickets for GA, you would still need to get wristbands and wait in line.  Some of the concerts are paperless both floor and loge.  If you are planning to attend,... Enjoy the show.

Archived