TicketMaster Problems (MERGED)

HalfDragon

• Subscriber

I have had a nightmare trying to order tickets for the Boston shows this morning. I had tickets many times and was booted off or there was an internal error and I lost the seats. I just continued to get worse and worse seats until I ended up at a corner Loge.
I have screen shots of at least 7 of the 10+ times the site failed on me.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

It took about 1 hour and 45 minutes to finally get tickets to the Sunday New York show July 19th.  I started exactly at 10:00 AM and went nearly until Noon before I got tickets.  A frustrating time.  Repeatedly had all kinds of problems.  Originally tried for Saturday show, then Sunday, then Thursday, then back to Saturday and Sunday.  Had tickets secured numerous times to various shows but each time I got kicked to a page that said "We're sorry, there was a problem processing your request.  Please try again", with an option to hit a "Continue" button, which I did each time.  Often the system would not recognize my presale code and I had to enter it two or three times and then it would recognize it.  The system was unresponsive for long periods, would not respond when you hit important buttons like "Get Tickets" or "Enter" or "Submit", then when you would finally get a response it would spin a wheel and tell you your wait time was so many minutes, like 10, then 9, then 8, and when it would get to one minute sometimes it would hang at 1 minute (or with no more wait time indicated) for a half hour or longer until I finally backed out of it and started over.  

I got suspicious that Ticketmaster was intentionally frustrating us in order to force us, out of fear of losing out, into choosing one of the premium packages that start at around $240.00.  I also feared that since I had two browser windows going, each with my presale code entered, that the system assumed I was going to try to use the code twice when in fact I was only trying to get one of the browser windows to get to a checkout screen at which point I would buy the tickets, and close the other screen, just using the presale code once.  But I ended up closing the other browser window and just trying on one browser window to buy the one set of tickets, in case it was preventing me from buying tickets once because I had my presale code entered in two different spots.  Again my intent was not to abuse the presale code but just to get to a checkout screen once.  

Finally I realized my browser version of Safari is older and changed it via the "Develop" menu bar to "User Agent -- Internet Explorer 9.0" figuring the older browser could be why the system would not finish my order and kept sending me to the page that said "We're sorry, there was a problem processing your request".  All of these requests had me getting tickets that were marked "GA02".  When I changed my browser to user agent Internet Explorer 9.0, I finally got a chance to choose tickets again, but a lot of time had passed, and this time around the tickets were marked "GA03", which seems like they must be General Admission but further back from the stage than "GA02".  This time it finished my order but beware when you do finally get to check out, they give you some really quick countdowns before which you have to make your choices and you really don't have time to scan the entire order and make sure of what you are getting.  There are at least 3 pages like this when the countdown deadlines are super quick and you have to move fast or lose the tickets.  

Does anyone know what GA02 means, what GA03 means, and if GA03 means I am further back from the stage than GA02?  Is GA01 the best and right up by the stage?  

Previously on U2 tours, GA was general admission and was all one big area that let you get as close to the stage as you could get if you got there early enough.  So I have not previously seen these different levels or classes of "GA".  Anyone know what it means?  Thank you!

Good question. 

Boston offered GA1 and GA2. 

From what I can tell from the stage layout, GA1 must be for the section on one side of the stage and GA2 for the other section on the other side of the stage. I wonder if there will be two line to get in or will we all wait in the same line? 

• Subscriber

i finally got inferior tickets on the app. Booooooo TicketMaster, you are the Bad Guys! U2, you are supposed to be the good guys! Booo Oseary and Fogel you are the bad guys too!

Edited by bowieno

• Subscriber

But, soooo frustrated as I had a front row, lower level and it said someone else got it when i went to purchase page...oh well, got 6 rows further back and a RZ for Phoenix.  All while trying to teach 8th graders, lol!

• Subscriber

Don't believe everything you read! Waited for an hour and a half with "less than a minute" on ticketmaster site. It said "Don't refresh your browser or you'll lose your place in line." I took my chances, refreshed my browser (multiple times!) and I'm here to say: GOT MY RED ZONE FOR THE GARDEN IN NYC JULY 18 AND 23!!!! Thank you U2 for making the Red Zone affordable this time! Get well soon Bono! You guys are the BEST EVER! 

How much was MSG Red Zone if you don't mind my asking

$350.00

• Subscriber

This was the most frustrating ticket experience, and I've seen every tour since Pop. I've never gotten floor seats for arenas, and was really hoping U2.com would come through this time.

I tried multiple times for 1.5 hours to buy tickets, only to get multiple error messages from Ticketmaster.  The mobile app didn't work for me either - on my phone (wifi and at&t) and iPad (wifi). finally my husband used my code at work and got through after a half hour. However, we didn't get our preferred date/city or section - we ended up having to get "best available" which was the $300 level 1 seats. I would have rather gotten the floor or RED Zone.

I tweeted to Ticketmaster, Guy Oseary and U2.com, so hopefully someone here wakes up and does something awesome for us fans to make up for this absolute atrocity. To make things even more frustrating, I have an infant baby at home - thankfully he was patient and slept for most of this ridiculous process, but my stress level was through the roof today.  Not a great experience for a long-time, devoted fan.  Thanks for absolutely no special treatment U2.com, the tickets I got were nothing better than I could have gotten through Stub Hub or the general sale.  I feel like being a member of U2.com is more trouble than it's worth to be honest. If you can't get guaranteed tickets on the floor in your city, what's the point. 

• Subscriber

9 minutes for Left Coast USA pre-sales and have TM page loaded and TM Anroid app.  Fingers crossed...

Good Luck.  Stick with it and DON'T believe the "no tickets available" if you get it.  Based on reports I would try the app first. 

• Subscriber

But, soooo frustrated as I had a front row, lower level and it said someone else got it when i went to purchase page...oh well, got 6 rows further back and a RZ for Phoenix.  All while trying to teach 8th graders, lol!

OMG!   Now, that is amazing.  Do your 8th graders know?  LOL!