Sign in to follow this  
HalfDragon

TicketMaster Problems (MERGED)

Now getting spinning wheel of death.

This kills me! I love it...! Spinning wheel of death! I know it's not funny but you made me LOL!

Sorry but how am I 'cheating the system'?  I will be working in NYC and want to buy tickets to see U2?  Where is there a law that states I have to live in the City where I see the band?  If you were living in London for a few months and the band announced tickets for the time you were there, would you seriously not buy them for fear of 'cheating the system'

Actually, I'm from Scotland but I live in NYC.  I would love to buy tickets for Glasgow but I'm not going to go through a proxy server or whatever (as suggested by bigwave) to do so.  Aside from the 360 tour, I have been to every U2 show performed in Scotland since 1985.

As far as I am aware there is no restriction on buying tickets in another country (not on U2.com anyhow). 

Luckily I was able to buy my tickets for Los Angeles concert without any problems and in less than three minutes, but in the summary of my purchase appears an IMPORTANT ALERT I do not understand : "There is a delivery delay on This event Please check . the Event Detail Page for information on When the delay will be Lifted . Once the delay has-been Lifted , your tickets will be available via your selected delivery method . "

What does it mean?

Nothing. That is their standard alert that things won't ship/be available for download immediately. Big shows always do that to reduce the ability of scalpers to turn tickets around quickly... if they delay how long they have to wait before being able to resell, some aren't as interested.

Thanks! So all i need to do is go to the concert an swipe the credit card i used to buy them to enter! Great! 

Opps wrong thread I posted in.  Just brutal experience.  How can they suck at selling tickets?

Can anyone confirm if there is any value at ALL in a B code?  I mean is there GA left for Chicago?  Will any B's get any GA's?

OMG ... went down to 1 second, yes 1 second, before the order went through but I have my tixs for San Jose. Be aware that it rejected my visa so had to put in another one before it went through.  Ended up in Sec. 114, two tixs for $600+. I've seen the band every time they come to the Bay Area and never pay top $$.  This time we went for it.  I know it will be worth it!!!  CAN'T WAIT .... 

Bought similar tickets too! Section 114 at San Jose night one.  The website didn't work for me as I was initially trying to buy red zone tickets.  Went with the app and bought seats instead.  

Ticketmaster is a debacle.  What a horrible amount of anxiety! 

Spent 2 very frustrating hours at computer, had GA tickets to Boston 4 times, kept being kicked out. When I was able to select tickets, TM only gave 1 and a half minutes to buy and the wheel of death kept on spinning so the tickets were lost after that and I had to start again. Then it wouldn't take my code. I was lucky in the end - at least I hope so as you don't get the actual tickets, you have to swipe your card at the gate, not sure I trust Ticket Disaster right now. Total repeat of Vertigo, hard to believe it happened again.

Why oh why would you guys use Ticketmaster again after the last time they screwed fans! I'm so pissed off and annoyed at the way the presale was handled! I was able to get tickets but way, way out of my price range. I was hoping for GA but they kept pushing the high price tickets on me and I didn't want to end up empty handed. I have been a fan and a fan club member since the 80's and I'm starting to doubt if it's even worth it anymore.

Opps wrong thread I posted in.  Just brutal experience.  How can they suck at selling tickets?

Can anyone confirm if there is any value at ALL in a B code?  I mean is there GA left for Chicago?  Will any B's get any GA's?

yes

not sure until tomorrow

Had similar problems as others.  Initially the site said that no tickets were available even though I tried right at 10:00 AM.  This same routine happened numerous times.  After about 3 or 4 minutes I got the searching for tickets message stating that the wait was approximately 9 minutes.  I did this using two browsers, one looking for GA on 5/26 and another searching for 5/27.  After waiting for what seemed like forever both browsers popped up with a GA ticket available.  At that point I went through the purchase process and got lucky in that they both processed smoothly.  Good luck everybody, there's got to be a better way to do this.  With that said, I didn't panic because I knew that GA's had to be available.  There is no way that they would sell the entire allocation in the first few minutes because then there would be nothing available for the "innocence" group.  Be patient and have faith.

its not cheating, its using technology to beat a crap system (ticket master)

So, as "community manager" for a forum, if this forum (it may) used IP address blocking to prevent a troll from registering and posting, but they used a proxy server to circumvent, you'd be happy with that?  Since it's not cheating the system but using technology.  Anyway, don't want to start a flame war and derail this discussion regarding the ticket sales...we'll agree to disagree.  I certainly disagree being a VP of Technology.

Sign in to follow this