Message to Bigwave - Presale Debacle - for all U2 Fans

pao6cs

• Subscriber

This is an open message to Bigwave and hopefully to U2.  There have been a number of problems with the pre-sale for Experience members (many, like myself, from the Propaganda days).  Our issues are:

- Presale codes that did not work

- Tickets queued on Ticketmaster, then being thrown off

- Not enough tickets available for the group

- A 2 ticket limit (when in the past it was 4)

U2 Fan Club members are told that they have access to tickets before the General Public.  That has not happened this time for you Experience members.  I would like to let you and the band know how dissatisfied I am and would appreciate the band taking some corrective action for this group prior to the sale to the General Public.

Anyone who agrees, please add a post.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I got one ticket for Montreal (evenko.ca and not TICKETMASTER) within one minute. I have been trying to buy another ticket for Boston (with TICKETMASTER) for almost one hour without success. I had tons of different error messages including wrong password, queue, internal error. Someone suces....either U2.com or Ticketmaster.

• Subscriber

BOTH MY WIFE AND I CANNOT COMPLETE OUR PURCHASES. WE BOTH HAD TICKETS, HAD TICKETMASTER TIME OUT AND NOW IT WILL NOT TAKE OUR CODES

• Subscriber

Makes me long for the good ole days of filling out the paper Propaganda ticket request form and waiting to find out what tickets you got.  That said, I was able, after quite a bit of frustration, to snag 2 GA's for 3rd NYC show.

• Subscriber

I had no problem with the Paris tickets I got this morning, but I still think it's a pity we only got 2 tickets in presale. My sister wanted to come along too and now we'll just have to gamble to get into Antwerp in public sale on monday to be able to go the 4 of us together.

• Subscriber

Have had tickets now 8 different times, and each time click on buy and the ticketmaster site has an error. Never had these type of problems before. I am so upset. The first tickets they gave me were at 10:00:31 am... Now can't pull a thing. The site just spins. I have been a fan club member since 2004, and a fan since 1982... Very disappointed!

Archived