Message to Bigwave - Presale Debacle - for all U2 Fans

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

It took me an hour and over a dozen failed attempts because of Ticketmaster errors before I finally got 2 tix for Boston on June 10. I had front row of loge section near red zone but those tix disappeared. I put my code in so many times that it was rejected. I had to clear cache and cookies and restart internet service. Also when I finally got through to the payment page for the 2nd time, it timed out and I thought I lost tix. I did receive an email saying order went through and saw card was charged but can't see tix yet because of high volume. I am one that doesn't believe it until I see it, so i may not have tix and don't even know it.

I agree with the frustration and even though i'm 50% sure I have tix I too am frustrated. I have been a paying member for years and it is only every three years or so we get the benefit of a show in our area and access to presale tix. I hope U2 and there management team realize how important this fan base is to them and make ammends to the eXPERIENCE group.

• Subscriber

I too had problems  with Ticketmaster...  but I was able to get through and get my 2 GA tickets to the 6/25 Chicago show!  But not without problems...

First, I got into Ticketmaster when the presale opened.  I tried to paste my code in three times and it kept coming back invalid.  The fourth time I typed it by hand, again still invalid.  The fifth time, I selected "paste as text" and Eureka! I was in.  

I quickly selected 2 GA tix (and was already logged into the Ticketmaster site). I was presented with the security phrase to enter, which I tried three times before it took.  I was then presented with the floor plan screen (interesting stage set-up BTW) and the spinning circles...  You have 3 minutes to wait...  2 minutes to wait... and I got to less than 1 minute to wait and... NOTHING.  I watched those damn spinning circles for over ten minutes because I did not "want to lose my place in line".

After those 10 minutes I grabbed my iPhone and opened the Ticketmaster App.  Went to the event, entered my pre-sale code, selected GA seats, they came up, I hit purchase and SUCCESS!  Less than 2 minutes total using the app! 

The only thing that disappoints me is that the only delivery method available was credit card swipe at the event, which means I won;t have hard tickets to add to my U2 ticket collection.

• Subscriber

I finally had success after 1 hour, 50 minutes of nonstop trying on the TM website. Got the tip from this thread to enter through the U2.com presale button rather than directly through TM and that seemed to have made a difference.  2 Red Zone Boston on Friday.  I had every other trouble that all are reporting, many times over, before i finally got through.

Good luck to all. Seems like going through the u2.com site is better.

• Subscriber

Makes me long for the good ole days of filling out the paper Propaganda ticket request form and waiting to find out what tickets you got.  That said, I was able, after quite a bit of frustration, to snag 2 GA's for 3rd NYC show.

So....you got what you wanted yet are still complaining?  OK.

• Subscriber

KEEP TRYING PEOPLE.  MINE DID NOT WORK.  BROWSER GOT HUNG UP.  55 MINUTES INTO THE PRESALE VERY GOOD SEATS CAME UP.  I REJECTED THEM.  I KEPT TRYING.  I CLOSED OUT THE BROWSER, DELETED MY CACHE AND ONE HOUR INTO THE PRESALE I JUST GOT TWO GAs.  YOU NEVER KNOW.  THESE THINGS DO NOT WORK AS WE THINK THEY DO.  THEY MIGHT BE STAGGERING.  KEEP TRYING.  

• Subscriber

My pre-sale code wouldn't work like a lot of other people. I am going to be optimistic and hope to get tickets when they go on sale to the general public, but I am disappointed that after being a subscriber for 10+ years that I can't purchase pre-sale tickets despite having code issued by u2.com. I understand technology and that sometimes things happen, but these are big companies that should have their stuff together by now. It isn't like this is the first time a pre-sale has been done before.

just checking, you are in the eXPERIENCE group yes? (Code should begin with U215A)I 

I had to enter my code a number of times, close browser, clear cache and got two GAs for Chicago almost an hour into the presale.

• Subscriber

Horrible! I've been in the Fan Club for ~10 years. I maintain my membership partly for presale opportunities. I have such a sour taste in my mouth. TicketMaster takes most of the blame, but I blame you for not confirming that TM can handle the volume. Took me 95 minutes, and I had to settle on GA admission. I wanted to purchase more expensive packages, but the website would not let me. Subsequent to my purchase, I hear that TM is working on the problem. Well f-ing great! Too late. I blew my measley 2-ticket GA load already. I guess we are just cattle.