Sign in to follow this  
pao6cs

Message to Bigwave - Presale Debacle - for all U2 Fans

Although I've already posted this on another thread, it seems relevant to put it here too. It perhaps adds a bit of balance to the problems that have been reported...

I logged in at 9.55am this morning and joined the queue, filling in my necessary detail while I waited. At 10.05am I completed my transaction and got 2 £90 tickets for the London O2 on 30.10.15.

The whole process was incredibly smooth, nothing at all like the Vertigo fiasco.

Well done to whoever organised this!

Any idea what the GA #'s mean ?

It's how much Bono loves you, in kilograms ;)

First - I have to say that this was looking to be one of the worst ticket buying experiences ever.  Like many others, I had tickets shortly after they went on sale and got booted from the website before I could purchase them.  I then repeatedly tried (maybe 50-70 times) over the next hour and 15 minutes to purchase again to no avail.  I cursed TM over and over again and was emotionally wrecked.  But at the 75 minute mark, I was able to finally complete the transaction and purchase 2 red zone tickets.  It was a wretched experience with a very happy ending.

I do have to hand it to U2 - the tickets that were available to the fan club were the absolute best in the house (RZ and GA floor and excellent loge seats).  Reminded me of old Propaganda days.  I don't blame U2 for the TM problems at all and I thank them for giving the core fans first access to the best seats.

Although I've already posted this on another thread, it seems relevant to put it here too. It perhaps adds a bit of balance to the problems that have been reported...

I logged in at 9.55am this morning and joined the queue, filling in my necessary detail while I waited. At 10.05am I completed my transaction and got 2 £90 tickets for the London O2 on 30.10.15.

The whole process was incredibly smooth, nothing at all like the Vertigo fiasco.

Well done to whoever organised this!

Any idea what the GA #'s mean ?

just the allocation so the ticket retailer can keep tabs on numbers sold

Problems with Ticketmaster are long-standing and endemic. Any big ticket sale sends their servers into a tailspin. U2 presale is no different than a Springsteen concert sale or any other major event. TM simply doesn't care to fix the problems because they don't have to. They have very long-term exclusive distribution agreements with the major venues - like Madison Square Garden. If U2 wants to play MSG, they must distribute the tickets via TM. TM will make its money regardless of how long it takes to get tickets to the end users. Having a lousy server doesn't cost them anything - the shows will sell out and they will make their money. They have no incentive to fix anything because upgrading their systems means they actually have to spend money without increasing their revenue

This is a problem with dealing with a monopoly. The band and their agents very little influence over the situation. They can beg and plead "please fix this, our fans are upset", but TM can (and does) simply shrug their shoulders and say "so go find another venue and by the way, we control distribution at every top level venue in the US, so good luck with that."

This. It's this, nothing to do with U2. It happens for every presale and many general public sales for the majority of artists who go on tour. Everyone who has more than 10 fans will have this problem when their tix go on sale.

If you are going to blame anyone blame Ticketmaster for being so utterly and completely incompetent every single bloody time there's any kind of ticket sale. They have sucked since the dawn of time and they keep getting worse. Nothing we can do because they don't give a shit about us paying them. They also don't give a shit that fans are blaming the bands for this bullcrap, in fact they're sitting in their plush offices twiddling their mustaches and laughing at the fact that the fans are blaming the band's cause they know they're off the hook then. Don't buy into their BS and start blaming the band cause the fan club has really made an effort here, I feel, and they're not getting any credit for how much they have tried to make things better. But as the old saying goes, you can't polish a turd and Ticketmaster is just about the biggest turd in existence.

Edited by Ingrida

A lot of the problem may be the postponement in the tour announcement.  Being on hold for 2 weeks to see when Bono can go on tour had to have thrown plans into an eggbeater.

I don't know that the band has definite plans for the style of each night.  Had they said for example, "we'll do acoustic on night 1 and electric on night 2," they might reverse it or throw out the plan entirely if early audiences aren't impressed.

I did not get any tickets at the cheaper prices! I don't know about anyone else here but I can't afford over $300 for one ticket in the nose bleed seats! I can't believe how bad this ticket buying experience was today! This takes me back to the days of calling up Ticketmaster, and being on hold forever, getting disconnected, lines busy all day long! I am beyond pissed off. I am going to try with tomorrow's presale, but I really shoudn't have to do that because I am in the eperience member and should have been able to get the GA tickets or spend no more that the $87 for the next level, not over $300!    

I was put into the iNNOCENCE group when I've been a member since 2009. I'm devastated!

And somewhere in another thread I noticed someone saying he/she only joined today and already has been able to get tickets to a show ... ???

to balance things out....glad to report that there were zero problems with the uk presale this morning.

My Paris confirmation was already in the mail 10 minutes after the presale started ... so I'm not complaining ;-)

But I really feel sorry for all of you having so manu problems getting the tickets you want ... So good luck and don't give up!

Edited by jojes

Sign in to follow this