I dont get the 2 tix limit complaints (MERGED)

finz_89

• Subscriber

While it would be nice if I could buy the world a Coke, I'm a bit confused over the upset over the regarding the two ticket limit. If the other two people you want to bring along are such big fans, why aren't they U2.com subscribers and have their own code?

I'd love to buy everyone I know who would like to go a ticket (as would most U2 fans), but at the same time we all complain about scalpers scooping up tickets and making it hard for true fans to get tickets from the original purchase point.  If they first crack at tickets, join the fan club, its pretty simple. (US ticketmaster problems aside)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

It's more the fact the two nights are ment to be very different, I would have loved too get 2 for each night for me and the wife but will have to settle for one show.

^ agreed - this is my issue with it as well. 

I would have been 100% happy with 2 tickets for 2 shows.

(...though I'm still pretty happy!)

• Subscriber

While I would have liked to pick up three tickets to bring along my stepson, I understand the limit this time around.  Soldier Field seats about 80,000 - the United Center just over 20,000 . . .   

• Subscriber

It's more the fact the two nights are ment to be very different, I would have loved too get 2 for each night for me and the wife but will have to settle for one show.

My take is that one show has quite a bit of songs of the new album and the next one is more based on the past songs. I wonder if this is why is called experience + innocence. 

Well, there is always the general sale on Monday to be able to snatch tickets for the second show. 

• Subscriber

My issue is that the third person in our group would be an 11 year old child, who is a huge fan, but is still a child (she's been to two Springsteen shows and countless Ranger games at MSG, she knows what to expect and how to behave). I would have loved to have been able to buy three seats together. It's not as much fun if two of us get to sit together and our third is elsewhere.  GA isn't really an option - I'm 5'2", my daughter is 4'11" - we would spend the entire show looking at the back of other people's backs.

One of them will be disappointed in July - who it is will depend on work and camp schedules. Hopefully, we can go as a family if there is a stadium tour in 2016.

• Subscriber

My issue is that the third person in our group would be an 11 year old child, who is a huge fan, but is still a child (she's been to two Springsteen shows and countless Ranger games at MSG, she knows what to expect and how to behave). I would have loved to have been able to buy three seats together. It's not as much fun if two of us get to sit together and our third is elsewhere. GA isn't really an option - I'm 5'2", my daughter is 4'11" - we would spend the entire show looking at the back of other people's backs.

One of them will be disappointed in July - who it is will depend on work and camp schedules. Hopefully, we can go as a family if there is a stadium tour in 2016.

And even if you were to have 2 paying subscriptions and 2 codes, what's the chance of getting the seats together ...

So unless seeing a concert together with your family/friends means sitting apart ... I can very well understand your point here ...

• Subscriber

I am devastated it's limit 2 per household...I know they're just trying to protect the fans, but given that there are many families who want to go and now can't, it's sad. My husband and I are both account holders and finding out that only one of us can use our code because we share card/billing info is upsetting as my mother and sister want to go as well but don't have accounts so one of us will have to make the heartbreaking decision of who gets to go with...husband/wife, the sister who's never seen U2, or the mother who may never get to see U2 again!

• Subscriber

My issue is that in 2005 (pre Live Nation) for the Vertigo shows, you could get 2 tix for a show; they released news and presale for a "first" show in each market (e.g. Seattle on 4/24/2005) and then based on response, about a week later released another show at almost every major city (e.g. Seattle on 4/25/2005).  And members were given the option of getting 2 tix for *each* show - not just total.  So the argument on this site that they only allowed 4 in 2009-11 for 360 because it was stadium shows is rubbish.

As to the matter of other people who want to go to EACH show also joining U2.com - that's daft.  Should my wife be a member, even though I'm the big U2 fan?  I'd still like to take her and she'd still like to go.  Better yet, I'd like to take her to BOTH shows and not have to choose.  I think on one hand, yes, they are trying to impede the amount of tickets that will end up on Stub Hub, etc (clearly that's failing); on the other hand, I think Live Nation (who runs the website and fan club now since about 2008) would LOVE for as many people to sign up for the site as possible, irrespective of what we get as a result, and they milk our pockets even further.

Paul McGuiness and Principle Mgt - where are you??

I fully expect that the lads will make another run in 2016 - probably not stadiums depending on how the alternating format end up playing out, but we'll see.  I'd just love to be able to take my whole family, and see as many shows as I can (as I have every other time).

Popmart - Tempe, AZ (97.5.9); Vancouver, BC (97.12.9); Seattle, WA (97.12.12)
Elevation - Tacoma, WA (01.04.12); Portland, OR (01.04.15)
Vertigo - Seattle, WA (05.04.24); Seattle, WA (05.04.25)
360 - Vancouver, BC (09.10.28); Seattle, WA (11.06.04)
ie - Vancouver, BC (15.05.15)...