Ticket Buying Experience - Feedback for U2.com

• Subscriber

I wish to start a general thread for feedback regarding the general experience of purchasing tickets through this member pre-sale. It would be nice to have an opportunity to express our thoughts and perhaps give suggestions as to how to improve the process in the future.

My comments are:

I just had success in purchasing two tickets for the first Phoenix show but I do feel disappointed in that I am limited to buying tickets to just a single show. I am flying across the continent -from Halifax Canada to Phoenix- and would have really appreciated being able to buy tickets to both shows in Phoenix. I know I can still take my chances next week with the general public ticket sale but I don't think a couple of pre-sale tickets for both nights is an unreasonable thing to expect.

I understand the fear of scalping and the ticket limitations of playing arenas vs. stadiums, however, I, like so many others, feel that after spending thousands and thousands of dollars on U2 over the years, the opportunity for a few extra pre-sale tickets would have been nice.

I am also disappointed in the short notice and lack of details in relation to this tour and the ticket sales. It's fine that our pre-sale codes arrived slowly but what I would of liked to have known, is:

1) Better details about the stage, its position and a high resolution image/map of how it will be laid out. This is extremely important to a buyer when they are spending $200 to $800 on tickets. The stage appears rectangular but there are some indications that there WILL BE an actual "end platform/main platform" to the stage. If this is the case, my tickets might be at the opposite end of the arena - obviously NOT what I would have opted to purchase if I had known the setup.

2) The Dublin concert dates (even a rough time frame)

3) If there will be another tour-leg in 2016. Are they coming back to North America? Many cities have been overlooked. Will they tour Latin America, Australia, etc.? If so, I'd happily overlook the current 2-ticket limitation in favour of saving my money and taking-in a foreign U2 concert in 2016.

I am still glad, though, that I was able to take advantage of the pre-sale. I appreciate that this is offered to fan club members. I also appreciate the tiered pre-sale access as a way to show appreciation for long-time fan club members. "Thank you" for these things and a "no-thank you" to the other points I've expressed above.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Can we merge these threads at some point? My concern is if there isn't one place with everything in it'll be harder for mods to send on to live nation

Yes, it was my hope that the moderator would merge them into this thread, hence the title: "Ticket Buying Experience - Feedback for U2.com"

Instead of something like "Ticketmaster sucks"

• Subscriber

Can we merge these threads at some point? My concern is if there isn't one place with everything in it'll be harder for mods to send on to live nation

Yes, it was my hope that the moderator would merge them into this thread, hence the title: "Ticket Buying Experience - Feedback for U2.com"

Instead of something like "Ticketmaster sucks"

Haha! Thanks

• Subscriber

I had an hour of frustration.  Eventually had to use the mobile app to buy two tickets.  This was a terrible experience.  It's like Ticketmaster just tried to sell tickets online for the first time.  I also felt very rushed since this was all just announced!  I needed more time to consider travel plans since there are no shows near me.

Edited by stealthboy
  • Subscriber

Stage details would have been the most useful. I agree, when one is spending close to $300 on a concert ticket it shouldn't be a mystery where the band is setting up.

Indeed ... When buying my Paris tickets this morning, the only thing the mam showed was a fully rectangular stage.

This evening I discovered a mam for the San Jose venue, showing something line an main stage connected through a catwalk to a secondary stage ....

So apparently RZ is near the secondary stage ... and apparently our cat1 seats are too ...

But hey, I am very happy with the fact that I have been able to get tickets (and this even completely hassle-free!) :-)

• Subscriber

Good idea! I bought two tickets for Turin this morning and everything went well! And i appreciate the fact that we didn't have diamond, gold and whatever else tickets.

I didn't like the short notice and the lack of details: 19 hours between the announcement and the start of presales are ridicolous...we didn't even have time to understand what was happening!
And i was hoping that long term subscribers (i'm a paying subscriber since 2005!) would have had something more than the last ones (even of the ones that paid before 9/9)

Hope the next time things will go a little bit differently than this time.