Sign in to follow this  
esperago

Ticket Buying Experience - Feedback for U2.com

My feedback to this situation is that it is not the short time frame from announcement to availability, its the confounding and conflicting information.  The stadium maps are not consistent (some show the stage, some do not), the paperless ticket restrictions on Ticketmaster for the individual shows is not consistent (which seats are or are not subject to this), clarity on the stage set up (is there a main stage at one end or is it one long narrow stage down the center per some maps), ticket buying restrictions are consistent but not clear (so how many tix total can I buy with one CC/name/address is that by show or overall total and how do presale and public sale limits combine or overlap), lack of clear information about when pre-sale codes would be sent out (were they were being withheld to limit scalping just say so, if logistics were still being worked out say so).

The overall feel is that someone just decided to put on this tour 3 days ago and none of these things have been worked out. However, we all know that is not true. This tour has been in the works for months and its a shame that all the money Ticketmaster and Live Nation make from fans couldn't be put back into ensuring smooth logistics. Providing consistent and accurate information is such a low cost, low effort way to deliver customer satisfaction, too bad they couldn't do it here.

I keep getting told that access codes for iNNOCENCE subscribers have already been released but I haven't got mine yet and it is telling me on the website to upgrade to being a paid subscriber when I already have email confirmation saying 'thank you for your gift subscription which entitles you to pre-release tickets'...

Can we merge these threads at some point? My concern is if there isn't one place with everything in it'll be harder for mods to send on to live nation

I agree.  If we can merge the threads, we can show the scope of the discontent.

Took me 1.5hrs, getting booted off Ticketmaster over 10x with tickets in hand on the website.  Got a tip to use the TM App on my phone, and had 2 GA tix to Boston 1 in less than 5 minutes.  Can't stand that we could only get 2 tix for a show.  Last 2 indoor tours it was a 4 tix limit.  With the number of shows that U2 is probably going to add during the general sale, limiting us to 2 tix was not necessary.

I keep getting told that access codes for iNNOCENCE subscribers have already been released but I haven't got mine yet and it is telling me on the website to upgrade to being a paid subscriber when I already have email confirmation saying 'thank you for your gift subscription which entitles you to pre-release tickets'...

you need to use the coupon code - to activate your paid subscription, and then you will show up as paid member and see your code on the Tours page

It was the easiest U2 purchase I have ever had (less than 5 minutes - Barcelona tickets from Hungary).

I think the only problem was the "timing" between announcement and presale date... we did not have enough time (next time please let us have more time than 1-2 nights. Thank you!)

And I think the 2-tickets limit was not fair at all. 

Edited by zsuzsko

My feedback to this situation is that it is not the short time frame from announcement to availability, its the confounding and conflicting information.  The stadium maps are not consistent (some show the stage, some do not), the paperless ticket restrictions on Ticketmaster for the individual shows is not consistent (which seats are or are not subject to this), clarity on the stage set up (is there a main stage at one end or is it one long narrow stage down the center per some maps), ticket buying restrictions are consistent but not clear (so how many tix total can I buy with one CC/name/address is that by show or overall total and how do presale and public sale limits combine or overlap), lack of clear information about when pre-sale codes would be sent out (were they were being withheld to limit scalping just say so, if logistics were still being worked out say so).

The overall feel is that someone just decided to put on this tour 3 days ago and none of these things have been worked out. However, we all know that is not true. This tour has been in the works for months and its a shame that all the money Ticketmaster and Live Nation make from fans couldn't be put back into ensuring smooth logistics. Providing consistent and accurate information is such a low cost, low effort way to deliver customer satisfaction, too bad they couldn't do it here.

AGREE!

OK well good stuff first:
1) Excellent that older members get the first tickets

2) All cities are displayed at once (unlike 360 where they were added randomly)

3) Prices are lower than 360

4) Plenty of support/interest from the mods to help out people with buying issues

Bad stuff:

1) Only one day notice since the tour was announced - imagine people are on business trip/vacation, they could miss out

2) Disastrous handling by Ticketmaster - high volumes of users buying tickets at the same time was to be expected. They can improve their system in many ways

3) Awful that we didn't have the presale code until hours away from the sale

4) Terrible that we have so little information on how each of the nights are different - people may want to do one "type" of show over another

We'll see how today/Monday goes

Sign in to follow this