Ticket Buying Experience - Feedback for U2.com

• Subscriber

BTW, thank you to all the moderators for dealing with all of this.  I'd renew now for an added 2016 paid subscription if i was guaranteed Pre-sale Tix for Miami, when and if we are blessed.  Ah hell, I'd renew regardless. #thelove

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

The log in and code part went without a glitch. I was logged in for Boston before Noon..hit the button right at noon,,and only balcony tix showing up..still looking and no GA. very frustrating! granted It was the second day of presales but I figured there would be SOME left right at noon.

• Subscriber

Stage details would have been the most useful. I agree, when one is spending close to $300 on a concert ticket it shouldn't be a  mystery where the band is setting up.

If it does prove to be anything like the Metallica stage as some have conjectured, they'd be smack in the middle.

• Subscriber

Big exhale...

Picked up a pair of GA for Boston today - smooth as butter.  Got on at Noon and it took about a minute.  Whatever the problems there were yesterday, I didn't experience them at all today. 

Same here.  Totally smooth experience - for all the issues I've had using TM over the years, it certainly didn't fail me this time when it mattered more than for any other show. 

• Subscriber

Purchased 2 tix for first night in LA. First row of upper level, $237.70 total. No problems at all. Here's a view from that section: 

https://seatgeek.com/venues/fedexforum/seating-chart/memphis-grizzlies-14702/section-223/

As others have said, it would be nice to know the actual band set-up, but you never do at this point, so why would it be different now. 

I didn't try for GA seats this time. My lovely bride and I had GA for one of the 360 shows, and although it was great fun, it gets a bit tiring getting there early and waiting for hours for the show to start, then standing through the opening act. Plus by wife is just over 5 feet tall, so it took some ongoing maneuvering to be in a place where she could see without.

Looking forward to it!

I'm not sure you can honestly say "at this point", we never know where the band will be setup. Every single stage in U2's past has been completely obvious where they will be setup, for example: ZooTV... normal shaped stage/one end of the field, PopMart... normal shaped stage/one end of the field, Vertigo... large, round-shaped stage with circular catwalks.

Even with the 360 tour, while it was less clear on the stadium diagrams, one could make the assumption that all seats had a decent view unless the stage was situated at one end of the field, instead of right in the middle.

But as I, and others, have noted, not only is there almost zero indication with the EI stage diagram but there have been a few anomalies with the diagram as well. I believe one of the European diagrams was shaped differently but perhaps because the arena had restrictions due the arena's design. Also, I believe the San Jose diagram indicated a possible "home stage" area, looking quite different from all the other diagrams.

Personally, I can only afford tickets that are in the $100 range. The "best" tickets in this range are situated in the corners of the arena, which means there are four possible areas to choose from.  It also means that two of these choices will be an entire arena away from the band, if there is a "home stage".

While seeing any U2 concert is better than seeing no U2 concert, we are all going through the motion of deciding how and where to spend our money. If I had the choice, which really I should, right? Well, if I had the choice, I would want to sit as close as possible to the band, not an entire arena's length away. 

I wouldn't complain about this if I was purchasing tickets through the general public sale but as a long-time fan club member engaging in a pre-sale, it would certainly be nice to ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT I'M BUYING WITH MY MONEY.

At this point, I don't.