Best U2 driving song

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what's a good one....Ultraviolet. There's a great scene in "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly" where the character is driving, topdown, hair blowing....that song is playing. The moment where it kicks in after the intro is great!

Kristaps wrote:

If I was a driver listening to "Streets", I'd speed every time the song builds up before chorus
:D

*50 kmph*

And when I go there

*55 kmph*

I go there with you

*65 kmph*

It's aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall I can do

*80 kmph*

I was visualizing the whole thing as i was reading your post. So i gues when he hits the all part you tense up and your right foot goes through the floor. LOL

Kristaps wrote:

If I was a driver listening to "Streets", I'd speed every time the song builds up before chorus
:D

*50 kmph*

And when I go there

*55 kmph*

I go there with you

*65 kmph*

It's aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall I can do

*80 kmph*

I was visualizing the whole thing as i was reading your post. So i gues when he hits the all part you tense up and your right foot goes through the floor. LOL

duckphan wrote:

You know what's a good one....Ultraviolet. There's a great scene in "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly" where the character is driving, top down, hair blowing....that song is playing. The moment where it kicks in after the intro is great!

Ultraviolet has this incredible forward motion to it. It has always kind of reminded me of a train. It's almost like your moving when you listen to thesong. I know I sound stoned,but the song has an incredible quality to it that is wholly unique.

Amber11 wrote:

this is gonna sound weird but..

in god's country

That is not weird in the least. That is a FANTASTIC choice. The guitar is quick and edgy (lol). The song has HUGE momentum to it.It is a song that demands tobe cranked up. You have just called out my favorite driving song. The live version on Rattle and Hum (the video) is FAR superior to the joshua tree albumversion. Quicker tempo and forty thousand people freakin. I get goose bumps every time i watch or hear the rattle and hum live version. Larrys drums on thatsong live will make you CRAP YOUR PANTS. Gives me goose bumps to this day after thousands of viewings/listenings. DAM good choice! I'm jealious ididn't think/remember of it first!

duckphan wrote:

You know what's a good one....Ultraviolet. There's a great scene in "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly" where the character is driving, top down, hair blowing....that song is playing. The moment where it kicks in after the intro is great!

Great film! Yeah that scene gave me some goosebumps. Julian Schnabel is kind of an asshole, but his films are great... I need to see the project he did w/ LouReed, Berlin performed live to Schabel's film to accompany it.

I would one day love to travel to Germany, find a Trabant, and drive around Berlin aimlessly w/ Auchtung Baby blaring. (and pretend I'm in a Wim Wendersfilm the whole time, wearing a wig, sunglasses and a black trenchcoat, smoking cigarillos)