MSG & BOSTON GA SOLD OUT? (MERGED)

• Subscriber

Tried all day today to get tickets for the NY Saturday Night show.  I was on the website at 12 noon and no luck.  So then I switched to both shows in Boston.  Tried and Tried but ticketmaster screwed me.  Had great seats (in the louge section) for the $100 range but when I went to pay with credit card, the site failed and sent me back to Ticketmaster.com.  Typical Ticketmaster.  I paid $50 for a U2 subscription for what.  In the end (after about 45min) the site finally got me tickets in the balcony since everything is was sold out.  So in the end, I paid over $225 for two tickets plus $50 for subscription and in the end, didn't even get anything I wanted.  Kinda stinks that we have to go through this.  Why can't it be easier?  For $50, I should be able to get the seats for the show that I wanted.  It's really not that hard.  And to charge $249 per ticket for a good seat is absolutely outrageous.  

Why can't this process be easy?  Wouldn't you think the company that manages U2 and Ticketmaster would actually test this process?  What a waste of money, time, effort, and now I have tickets for a show (different location) for crappy seats.  Thanks Ticketmaster and thanks to the management of U2 subscription. What a sham!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

AS I posted above, I tried for THREE HOURS straight for Boston I & II- using computer and phone, logged in before 12:00, hit the button at 12:00 and got only balcony options..I can't see how that is possible! It still says GA is unavailable. Are they sold out? Please respond as you have to the above for MSG. Thank you!

• Community Manager

AS I posted above, I tried for THREE HOURS straight for Boston I & II- using computer and phone, logged in before 12:00, hit the button at 12:00 and got only balcony options..I can't see how that is possible! It still says GA is unavailable. Are they sold out? Please respond as you have to the above for MSG. Thank you!

unfortunately both Boston nights GA seem to be gone... still other seats available

• Community Manager

double checked as of 2AM UK time SAT 6th December and GA for all shows at MSG & BOSTON appear to have gone...

other seats for all nights still available

moving / merging threads on this together here...

(if anyone is able to correct me, then I will update)

• Subscriber

Can someone confirm for me (and my U2 family) -- if there are still TM problems or if NYC 22 & 23 are indeed SOLD OUT for GA. TM APP keeps saying unavailable which is exactly what happened yesterday ... please let me know! I am telling them not to give up ... 

MSG GA all 4 nights do seem to be all gone, just checked. Other seats available for all 4 nights though

Thank you so much for your answer :) I kept checking for a couple of U2 friends with GA hopes all day, with a variety of different failures, crashes, etc. online and on the app. It was a long 2 days!!! I am sure you are feeling it! I think the incident yesterday with TM really had a big fall out as far as trying to navigate today's pre-sale with whether or not something was really sold out and a person should move on to something else or if the messages coming back from TM were in error. Yesterday, it took many people 2 hrs or even more to get transactions to go through but in the end it did work. So, today I think that just added a little confusion as to what was a TM problem and what was really just the hard cold truth that GA was gone. As the hours ticked on it was like hoping for a miracle!!! Thank you again for your time and response!!! :)

• Subscriber

Tried to get two Experience GA's for NY and those were sold out....Attempted to get two Ga's for Chicago June 24th and code was locked out.....Tried again today but no luck (code was active but cant afford ticket price....please help...working with a super tight budget and need to sleep in the GA line and keep ticket costs low....would prefer GA in Chicago either show.....God this is more stressful then sleeping on a park bench outside on Norman, OK for the last show....

Edited by lpingb
  • Subscriber

just saw on Twitter that Boston GA is sold out- have not seen same for any other venue- yet. 

I'm FRIED over this...both NYC and beantown done...No-way they even had any avail going into today...couldnt of sold out all 6 days in 3-4 mins...BUMMED BIG TIME

there are 334,000 u2 subcribers 

• Subscriber

just saw on Twitter that Boston GA is sold out- have not seen same for any other venue- yet.

I'm FRIED over this...both NYC and beantown done...No-way they even had any avail going into today...couldnt of sold out all 6 days in 3-4 mins...BUMMED BIG TIME

there are 334,000 u2 subcribers

. Paid subscribers that would receive a code ?
  • Subscriber

unfortunately both Boston nights GA seem to be gone... still other seats available

Thank you for checking and replying...I really think that something was wrong with TM site for Innocence presale day.. since I tried immediately for both dates and ONLY balcony was showing for 3 hours, then like I said, 4 hours later Loge and balcony showed up. I doubt that 1 GA wasn't available in this timeframe..so frustrating, with the short notice so close to Christmas and having to subscribe when I haven't been able to afford a membership for the last few years. Now that presale code is useless. I know you Mods have been working hard and I just wanted to reiterate/state that there were problems with 2nd day presales and TM