innocence Vs eXperience

• Subscriber

Assuming that "innocence" is an acoustic and rare set, and "experience" is a more plugged in and electric show?..Wish there was a wee bit more detail/verification to which is which, and what night in each city the format applies.  I'm game for both, but it would help strategize my ticket purchases.....   

• Subscriber

It could be the other way around... iNNOCENCE to me is big, loud, uncontrolled and not really yet knowing anything about the world... think Volcano, and songs from Boy! Acoustic music could just as easily be interpreted as the music of eXPERIENCE, of age, wisdom, knowing and reflective retrospection...

I really don't know which way around it's gonna be... depends on the band's interpretation!

• Subscriber

It could be the other way around... iNNOCENCE to me is big, loud, uncontrolled and not really yet knowing anything about the world... think Volcano, and songs from Boy! Acoustic music could just as easily be interpreted as the music of eXPERIENCE, of age, wisdom, knowing and reflective retrospection...

I really don't know which way around it's gonna be... depends on the band's interpretation!

I don't know much bout philosophy...

• Subscriber

I had to choose the show I'm going to based on my work schedule. I work weird shifts and the Thursday show was the only one that made sense for me...without having to dip into my vacation time. Ah well. I'm sure that by the time of the show I'll have every single U2 song memorized and will have a blast whatever they want to play. Hell, I'd be okay if they performed a round of Row Row Row Your Boat!

• Subscriber

I don't think they'll risk upsetting fans by having fundamentally different shows - a more general fan isn't going to be happy going to a U2 show and having all acoustic. I'm hoping it's more a sign that they will be mixing up the setlist a bit more from night to night. And let's be honest on the last couple of tours there have been lots of us on here saying that we'd welcome a bit more variation and a few more surprises.

• Subscriber

Yeah it will just likely be increased variation of the setlist, which would be good.

Or my other likely theory is SOE will be released early 2015 and each night will revolve around their respective album with hits alongside.