Which end of the stage is the Red Zone?

francispotter

• Subscriber

I know that in the 360 tour the Red Zone was not right next to the main stage...but along the outer circle...see image...

So I could see where it may not necessarily be right along the "A" stage...

it is main stage, but this year with the long stage  queing will be much nicer. As with the multi shows attended last  tour, red zone was let in same time as   the GA and you had option to que on the rail . I did both  with red zone and found red zone access and ease to roam without pushing against you  was a great thing. Plus, the wife is vertically challenged and will enjoy the show more.

I do know though of all the 50+ u2 shows I have seen, GA  is the best no matter where you stand. Nothing like it the the seats cannot come close to.

Enjoy, do not worry about the red zone area, you are golden

Hii

On the 360 tour I had seats.  But in the Vertigo tour, I had GA tickets..and randomly was chosen to go INTO the elipse.  Second row standing and I didn't get there more than 2 hours before they opened the gates.  It was crazy!!!!  Now I'm reading comments from people of the 360 tour, that had to wait for hours to be able to get inside first.   I LOVEDDDD the experience of the GA, but maybe because I got to be inside??  Not sure.  Now I bought the RED ZONE tickets!!!  Hope they are as good! 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I know that in the 360 tour the Red Zone was not right next to the main stage...but along the outer circle...see image...

How did one get inside the CIRCLE in the 360 tour?  Thats GA and also the ones outside the circle are GA (in the Vertigo tour tickets were scanned and randomly chosen)

• Subscriber

Looking at seating maps for SAP Center, Ziggo Dome, and The SSE Hydro, I also think that the Red Zone will be by the "B" stage and it will be at the opposite end of the Main stage.  That's unfortunate because I have Red Zone for Vancouver2 and I would have wished to be closer to the Main stage.  I agree with Zoonation76 that they want the GA around the Main stage because they want to feed off of their energy.  If the capacity for Red Zone is 50 people per section then it would be too sparse from an energy and aesthetic point of view to be that close to the Main stage.  I think with the stage set up everyone will have a good seat at some point in the concert (since the band will be moving around), however, I wish the stage set up was made more clear before everyone started purchasing tickets.

• Subscriber

Looking at seating maps for SAP Center, Ziggo Dome, and The SSE Hydro, I also think that the Red Zone will be by the "B" stage and it will be at the opposite end of the Main stage.  That's unfortunate because I have Red Zone for Vancouver2 and I would have wished to be closer to the Main stage.  I agree with Zoonation76 that they want the GA around the Main stage because they want to feed off of their energy.  If the capacity for Red Zone is 50 people per section then it would be too sparse from an energy and aesthetic point of view to be that close to the Main stage.  I think with the stage set up everyone will have a good seat at some point in the concert (since the band will be moving around), however, I wish the stage set up was made more clear before everyone started purchasing tickets.

Yes it appears Red Zone is around the "B" stage for this tour, but the Red Zone is much smaller than during the 360 tour. I think those who have Red Zone will be quite pleased, I can only imagine Bono and Edge will both make it out to that area during the show multiple times (especially Bono) and then you also may see the band do a longer acoustic set than the last time they had a "B" stage, which I believe was the ZooTV tour but could be wrong on that. With only 50 people on either side, that is not a lot of fans, so those in there should be treated to some special moments being that close to the jam session on B stage and more than likely some great photos from those sections too.

• Subscriber

How did one get inside the CIRCLE in the 360 tour?  Thats GA and also the ones outside the circle are GA (in the Vertigo tour tickets were scanned and randomly chosen)

I believe for the 360 tour it was first come/first serve so the fans that lined up the earliest could get into the inner circle.

• Subscriber

I just spoke with the box office at the United Center in Chicago and he said that the main stage is where the red zone is located.  So it seems the main stage is down by section 108, etc at the United Center.  That is why tickets in section 119 were only $95, I was told.  So the red zone is next to the main stage.  I've spoken with three people at the box office.

post-307877-0-41790000-1417908343.gif

Edited by Manohlive

• Subscriber

Manohlive--I hear you, but I think they're just misinformed/mistaken (even though 3 folks have told you this!).  This happens all the time w/venue box-office people, especially this far out from the shows actually happening.  And there's just too much other evidence that the RZ is on the other side from the main stage.  Check out the Amsterdam diagram, which makes it very obvious the RZ is not by the main stage (see diagram below).  And where the RZ is in relation to the main stage is not going to change from venue to venue--that's going to be consistent everywhere.

Also, if you check the diagrams for the 02 and Glasgow (below left and right, respectively), they're not quite as clear as the Amsterdam diagram, but follow the same "horseshoe" design--where the main stage is always on the open end of the horseshoe.  For these diagrams, the RZ is again basically where it is w/Amsterdam--that is, on the other side of where the main stage should be.post-295258-0-46527300-1418247723_thumb.png

post-295258-0-62876200-1418247929_thumb.gif

post-295258-0-12378400-1418247943_thumb.gif

post-295258-0-32549700-1418247951.gif

Edited by mike7man

• Subscriber

I think the stage will be where 'stage' is written on the seating charts.  That makes the most sense.  If that is the case, the stage will be in the round in the middle of most arenas and the Red Zone will be right next to the stage.

This is what is wrriten on Ticketmaster for San Jose SAP Center.

U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour 2015

SAP Center at San Jose,San Jose, CAMon, May 18, 2015 07:30 PM

Details: U2

Please Note: Note: This Concert is in the Round. IMPORTANT NOTE ON CREDIT
...more
Closeicn_close.gif
Note: This Concert is in the Round.

IMPORTANT NOTE ON CREDIT CARD ENTRY TICKETS:

• RESERVED LOCATIONS are electronic Ticketmaster Credit Card Entry Tickets ONLY. Please click here for more information on Credit Card Entry Ticketing.
  • Ticketmaster Credit Card Entry Tickets are NON TRANSFERABLE. ORIGINAL TICKET PURCHASER MUST ATTEND THE EVENT.
  • At ENTRY you must provide the CREDIT CARD USED TO PURCHASE AND VALID PHOTO ID. Name on credit card must match photo ID.
  • Entire party MUST enter the venue at the same time.

ALSO NOTE: Please adhere to the ticket limits for this event. Any purchasers over the ticket limit will be cancelled without notice. ALL METHODS OF DELIVERY WILL BE DELAYED UNTIL 12/8/14

Ticket Limits

There is a 2 ticket limit for all password-protected presales and membership bundles. There is a 4 ticket limit during the first day of the onsale and no limit thereafter.

Please adhere to published ticket limits. Persons who exceed the ticket limit may have any or all of their orders and tickets cancelled without notice by Ticketmaster in its discretion. This includes orders associated with the same name, e-mail address, billing address, credit card number or other information.

• Subscriber

I don't think so--many times the TM charts are misleading (and only San Diego TM even mentions the "in the round" phrase).  Plus, you're ignoring the much more detailed map from the San Diego (SAP) venue itself, which clearly shows a main stage on one end and the RZ on the other end (by a b-stage).  Not to mention the Amsterdam map, among various other similar ones, which also suggest the RZ is not by the main stage.  At the very least, it's not at all clear.  Indeed, the whole reason I've been talking about this in various threads is precisely because I spent a lot of time looking at a bunch of maps, not just the San Diego TM one.

Edited by mike7man