Do U2 Care at all about their disabled fans? England doesnt revolve around London!

I am FUMING and DISGUSTED with U2!!!!!This new tour only goes to London in the U.K. I am disabled and I cant travel alone. In order to get to London I'd need to find a carer. My Husband refuses point blank to go to a U2 concert! Pay the carer, pay for Travel, Pay for two nights at a hotel plus the price of the ticket, I need to go down the day before and rest, then stay over after the concert. All this is totally out of my league. I cant afford it and I'm sure that able bodied U2 fans from areas outside London also cant afford travel and a hotel stay plus the price of the ticket.

I know U2 are knocking on a bit! perhaps they don't have the energy to tour the UK properly!! Or are they so greedy money wise and so narrow minded that they don't give a toss ,as they know they can sell out the concerts in London straight away!   I would love one of them to actually read this post. Where do I write to so that they actually might see my complaint in writing?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I'm sorry to hear this leg of the tour will not work out for you. However your situation is very specific and not a reasonable one to consider when coordinating all the logistics of a major tour.

I hope you are able to find appropriate accommodations and/or they come closer to you next time through.

• Subscriber

No shows in Florida , Texas , Pennsylvania ......basically most of USA shut out ,  7 of the 10 Canadian provinces shut out  , only Torino in Italy . What does touring 'properly' mean ? I am surprised they are playing as many cities as they are . I thought there would be less cities but more dates in those cities .

• Subscriber

Glasgow is in the UK too, There may be other dates announced that may be nearer you if your lucky!  

Sounds like your hubbys not being very thoughtfull to your plight, mabe it's him you should be more angry with........ Hope something gets announced nearer you and your able to get to a concert.

• Subscriber

I'm sorry :(    I don't know if it helps any but I did see another Zootop who said they got a complimentary ticket through O2 for him, being the carer of his wife.   I think he called directly to the venue?  

As others have said- there are a lot of people that they will not be near, for this leg.  In the States there are is a LOT of land that is not within a 5-8 hour drive to a venue.  Ditto for Canada.  I know I am lucky that I drive 5 hrs to see them.  Several countries and areas aren't even seeing any cities : South America, Asia, Australia/New Zealand.

I'm confident though that this will be a long tour and there will be many new cities added in 2016 (maybe even in 2015- lots of days in between dates and they may not necessarily just add extra dates to existing venues, who knows).