Question about Lining up for GA

• Subscriber

We'll by flying up from Atlanta for the 4th New York show and can't wait!!

Last tour I did Red Zone b/c I know waiting in line all day is NOT my wife's thing (and as much as I love the band I know what's good for me!)

This time around the Red Zone was just too expensive for me to justify (especially b/c I'm still hoping for/ expecting Atlanta dates in 2016!)

So - my question is this... If I get in line in the morning and my wife spends the day with our NY family/ friends and joins me later - is that cool or frowned upon?

I could see it from both perspectives and, while it would be the ideal solution for me, certainly don't want to tick everybody off!!!

Thoughts?

Hope to see a bunch of you in the summer!!!!

-Dan

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Usually 1 person joining in is not a problem. We did that in Toronto last tour. We took turns waiting in line. My friend was in line early,  i relieved him after 4-5hrs, then he returned a couple hrs before they opened the doors. No problems and most others around were doing the same but we are all pretty civilized here in Toronto, lol. 

• Subscriber

Usually 1 person joining in is not a problem. We did that in Toronto last tour. We took turns waiting in line. My friend was in line early,  i relieved him after 4-5hrs, then he returned a couple hrs before they opened the doors. No problems and most others around were doing the same but we are all pretty civilized here in Toronto, lol. 

Thanks!  That would be awesome!  Anyone here have experience with GA in NY over the last few tours?

• Subscriber

I hung out in the parking lot tailgating for the Vegas show. Joined the line when they started letting people in. It was only 4 deep when I walked up to the front. Getting in line early is not that necessary since they only allow a certain number of people on the floor due to fire codes

Edited by THENEWYORKTONY

• Subscriber

I hung out in the parking lot tailgating for the Vegas show. Joined the line when they started letting people in. It was only 4 deep when I walked up to the front. Getting in line early is not that necessary since they only allow a certain number of people on the floor due to fire codes

I don't think people are worried about getting in and getting A spot - I think its more about how close of a spot we're going to manage to get.  Especially for those of us who are somewhat "vertically challenged".

• Subscriber

I got in line for Toronto Rogers Centre at 11am and was inside the inner circle one "row" of people from the back rail.  In the queue the girl in front of me was waiting for 3 friends. When they arrived they made a coffee/food run and offered to buy me something which was very nice.