• Subscriber

One suggestion might be that you both show up together to get in line, wait awhile and then you can take turns. I think it's kinda uncool that people show up later and expect to get in line. Think of it this way: if there are 100 people in front of you and half those people let only one extra person in, then you'd have 50 extra people in front of you. That would annoy anyone.

But it really depends on the venue, and if a line numbering system is set up, and who is around you. Best bet and the most courteous is for your whole party to show up in line together.

That all completely makes sense. On the other hand, there's no way I'm taking a trip to New York and NOT getting some pizza!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Yeahm in NYC that is not going to fly, dont even try it. Other places if she shows up with food for others yeah

So that's a no go in NY for even one person - food or no food?

How many "one" person can show up at the end? that's the problem, not fair towards who lined all day long IMHO

Understood. Personally I was never thinking "the end" either. More like if I got in line in the morning and then she joined me mid afternoon or something. Sounds like it would be best not go to this route though!

I was in berlin for 360 and showed up around 7 am or so and waited all day and didnt even dare to venture out inti the city for food or linger much at the toilets bc i was conscious of how people might get upset with me being gone for chunks of time. Im one of the vertically challenged myself so if i dont get right up there i cant see at all bc of people in front of me. I know it sounds crazy but im 5 foot or about 153 cm.

Long story short i waited through the rain all day with a bunch of people and by the time they let us in the couple in front of me had invited friends and family in front of me and they ended up of course in the first row, much taller than me of course, and i couldnt really see much at all.

• Subscriber

One suggestion might be that you both show up together to get in line, wait awhile and then you can take turns. I think it's kinda uncool that people show up later and expect to get in line. Think of it this way: if there are 100 people in front of you and half those people let only one extra person in, then you'd have 50 extra people in front of you. That would annoy anyone.

But it really depends on the venue, and if a line numbering system is set up, and who is around you. Best bet and the most courteous is for your whole party to show up in line together.

That all completely makes sense. On the other hand, there's no way I'm taking a trip to New York and NOT getting some pizza!

Safest is to check in and stay a while. That's generally accepted by everyone provided you aren't gone for hours at a time. At Pittsburgh the people in front of my group checked in at the 8 am (or whatever it was) line up time and left almost immediately after everyone was moved under the bridge, not returning until early afternoon. It irritated a lot of people around us who sat in the heat all day and were exhausted by the time we were let in.

Luckily I got a hotel room right across from MSG and I am extending an official welcome to anyone who might need a quick bathroom break/cool down or to just dump their things on the day of, provided we are allowed to leave :) So if you're near me in the GA line I will let you know

• Subscriber

Safest is to check in and stay a while. That's generally accepted by everyone provided you aren't gone for hours at a time. At Pittsburgh the people in front of my group checked in at the 8 am (or whatever it was) line up time and left almost immediately after everyone was moved under the bridge, not returning until early afternoon. It irritated a lot of people around us who sat in the heat all day and were exhausted by the time we were let in.

Luckily I got a hotel room right across from MSG and I am extending an official welcome to anyone who might need a quick bathroom break/cool down or to just dump their things on the day of, provided we are allowed to leave :) So if you're near me in the GA line I will let you know

So kind of you! Which show(s) will you be at?

• Subscriber

Any hotel recommendations for NYC? Am thinking about Hotel Pennsylvania since it seems really close to MSG, but I am not familiar with New York. Is MSG good about the fans lining up? My last show was the Nashville 360 show, and fans had started the line the day before. We got in around 3:00 p.m. and were in the 180s. And hey OP, I'll be flying in from Atlanta as well.

• Subscriber

Any hotel recommendations for NYC? Am thinking about Hotel Pennsylvania since it seems really close to MSG, but I am not familiar with New York. Is MSG good about the fans lining up? My last show was the Nashville 360 show, and fans had started the line the day before. We got in around 3:00 p.m. and were in the 180s. And hey OP, I'll be flying in from Atlanta as well.

Nice. Would imagine we'll do this all over down south sometime in 2016!

• Subscriber

So far just the 4th show, going to try for tickets to the third show as well.

Hotel Pennsylvania is all booked supposedly. That's where I am staying and I tried extending my nights but they couldn't because they were all blocked off. So I will actually be staying at a different hotel the first two nights and then checking in to Hotel Penn. 

• Subscriber

So far just the 4th show, going to try for tickets to the third show as well.

Hotel Pennsylvania is all booked supposedly. That's where I am staying and I tried extending my nights but they couldn't because they were all blocked off. So I will actually be staying at a different hotel the first two nights and then checking in to Hotel Penn.

See you there!