Couldn't get GA for NYC - Beyond Bummed

DianeDella

• Subscriber

I wish MSG had paperless tickets for GA, because then SCALPERS WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO BUY ALL THE TICKETS!!!!!!

This but I also know a couple people who operate 4, 5 even 6 subscribed accounts currently sitting on about 10-12 GA tickets each for MSG shows. It's not just the scalpers.

But if they had paperless tickets then they couldn't go to all the shows could they? And I hear you about the multiple/multiple/ "super-fans". I've been doing this for 22+ years...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I wanted GA, because I've never been on the floor at a U2 show, but got single seats in 102 and 204 on Wed and Thurs. Hope those are pretty good. GA tickets didn't come up once, neither did Red Zone. I was trying for all four days.

• Subscriber

I live in NYC, go to lots of MSG shows, and would LOVE paperless tickets, rather than not getting anything good all morning but then 1000+ tickets are on StubHub that afternoon. No thanks... I'll take the hassle for the upside any day.

There's no doubt the Garden is tough to scalp but I've done well in the after market thru the years..Its a give and take...this "paper-less" thing isnt gonna do anything to stop it...Ticketmaster has a transfer policy anyhow....I remember when they went to paper print out at home 10+ yrs ago people thought some-how that would eter scalping..not even close.  Should be interesting

• Subscriber

how on earth is it possible for floor tickets to be sold out in pre-sale? are they releasing all the tickets or just a small number? the whole point of having a pre sale is to give preferential access to members/fans. It makes the pre sale a nonsense if you don't get the preferential access you should get.

• Subscriber

I live in NYC, go to lots of MSG shows, and would LOVE paperless tickets, rather than not getting anything good all morning but then 1000+ tickets are on StubHub that afternoon. No thanks... I'll take the hassle for the upside any day.

There's no doubt the Garden is tough to scalp but I've done well in the after market thru the years..Its a give and take...this "paper-less" thing isnt gonna do anything to stop it...Ticketmaster has a transfer policy anyhow....I remember when they went to paper print out at home 10+ yrs ago people thought some-how that would eter scalping..not even close.  Should be interesting

Whether people can transfer/sell after the fact is up to the artist, not Ticketmaster. But there is no perfect solution... ironically, Louis CK seemed to come closest. He sold his own tickets on his own website, and then hired scalpers to try and find tickets to buy and, when they did, those users were told their e-tickets were canceled and they could only pick them up at the box office or cancel them. But, there are no venues for a band the size of U2 that isn't already linked to Ticketmaster or somesuch...

• Subscriber

Got my tickets for MSG.  One is a level 2 (saturday) and the other a red zone ticket (Wednesday).  I really was not wanting a red zone ticket but bought it anyway and hopefully will be able to just sneak into the GA area if I can.

Now I just hope my friends can get tickets come Monday.  Yeah, I was selfish and used my quota for myself.  Sucks going to a show on your own.

you dont need to 'sneak'. RZ is allowed into the GA.  Did this for 360 tour, when 'regular' doors opened so did the RZ doors.  It was a different door and a much shorter walk to the floor so you can get there first. The stage setup of course is different so RZ may be as good or better than regular GA.

• Subscriber

Got my tickets for MSG.  One is a level 2 (saturday) and the other a red zone ticket (Wednesday).  I really was not wanting a red zone ticket but bought it anyway and hopefully will be able to just sneak into the GA area if I can.

If I score a standard GA for Wednesday, I will help put your mind at ease and we'll meet and swap tickets... Deal? ;-)

Edited by jeffwalsh

• Subscriber

I had the option to buy to GA NYC

tickets ( I guess that is what they were as t said floor seating) but they both came up to a little below 300USd. What threw me off is that it said it included a U2.com subscription, there was a USD50 extra charge for the ticket. i already have a subscription so while trying to figure out why I was being charged for another subscription I lost the tickets. Very frustrating process and in the end no tickets.

Edited by Tunafish