Jump to content

Outrageous $312 for a seat


Recommended Posts

  • Subscriber

 

 

I agree that it's frustrating to see such high prices during the presale but why not give it a shot on Monday during the regular presale when you get can upper level seats for $30 plus fees?

Did you ever sit in the upper level of MSG. Awful

Yes, and truly...it wasn't bad. Its not like this is a play or sports game...it is a concert and if you can hear the music and celebrate being there at all.

 

This is my first U2 concert and I'm truly thankful to have the opportunity...I don't even know where my seats are but if they are in nosebleed...I will make the most of it and have fun.

 

Must be a different MSG then the one I go to all the time

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Subscriber

 

I agree that it's frustrating to see such high prices during the presale but why not give it a shot on Monday during the regular presale when you get can upper level seats for $30 plus fees? 

Did you ever sit in the upper level of MSG. Awful

 

No, but I did sit in the very last row in the upper level in San Jose (similar size as MSG I imagine) for a concert a few years ago and it honestly wasn't that horrible. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

 

I agree that it's frustrating to see such high prices during the presale but why not give it a shot on Monday during the regular presale when you get can upper level seats for $30 plus fees? 

Did you ever sit in the upper level of MSG. Awful

 

 

Yes, Phish New Years 2003, last row upper  :wacko:  WORST.... SEAT... EVER

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

Ticket prices were kind of what I expected think GA was reasonable but seating was a little steep.

 

My main concern is with the nights been different how do you know what night your going too and what it entails?

 

For example if one city has two nights then obviously it makes sense but like the O2 has four night so are the first two both innocence and second two both experience or what?! Will one show be acoustic? Will SOI be played one night and SOE another? I miss good old fashioned normal shows  :mellow:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

Edge said they will all be "U2" shows and essentially not to worry, but they won't be the exact same thing each night. My guess is they threw out the "all acousitc" idea (they really never confirmed it would be that) but rather while have two different stories/voices that tie the songs together. One night may be the innocence voice the other experience- with each show having 90% same set list with changes in the remaining 10%.

 

At least that's what I'm telling myself so I don't stress over it for 5-6 months!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

Yeah agreed.

 

Equally I don't want to buy two lots of tickets for two night, go and the set be 90% the same both night...so I'm not sure one way or the other.

 

But you know their gonna play WOWY, Streets etc. every night anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

In New York I am on the floor for $70 and there are many first level seats available for $70 and third level seats for as low as $35.  You don't have to purchase Best Available.

Since 12 noon on Friday, the only ticket choice I got, when I was lucky enough to get one, was a $312 seat in the second, upper bowl, despite me keying in $118 and below and the associated sections with those prices. They just tried to upsell me.  I was willing to buy really bad seats just to be there but TM only threw me last row of Sections 224 or 211 all day. There was no way around it on Day 2.  My friend and I just couldn't justify $625 way up in an arena with bad acoustics. The bad acoustics are a lot more palatable at $46:)

 

I felt like a social experiment : How long til we break her resolve:)

Edited by sped
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

Thats one good thing about a great seat. You don't have to queue or worry about losing your place to go to the toilet or refreshments and you can sit down comfortably till U2 come on then stand when they are on...its win win.

 

Hence the price of good seats.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...